Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What’s your favorite?

maq · 2009-05-28 19:06

What’s your favorite equipment brands and why? I ask this because growing up I only knew of two brands and always was told how good they are cat and deere. So they got ingrained into me that they are good and the others are not. Now that I am a bit older and know of all the different brands and operated some of them I am curious as to what brands others like and why do you like them. Is it because it’s what your grandpa operated and what you grew up on and all you know or is it one that a salesman sold you on and you ended up really liking it or is it simply more cost effective.

Replies15
  1. #1special tool2009-05-28 19:08

    Cat and Komatsu. Had problems with everything else, but not these brands.

  2. #2Muffler Bearing2009-05-28 19:31

    Personally I find Case the most mechanic friendly, especially the skid steers. Just my opinion.

  3. #3Chris917862009-05-28 20:13

    Really? I've heard just the opposite.

  4. #4Case 580e2009-05-28 20:18

    I Like Case and cat the best easy to get parts and low matience

  5. #5td25c2009-05-28 20:53

    Everyone has a favorite brand for one reason or another.The brand that dad and grandpa ran had an influence on most of us.It depends on what type equipment we are talking about.Most manufacturers had equipment that performed better in certain areas than others.what type of equipment are we talking about?For hydraulic truck cranes I like Grove because they have set a high standard in the hydraulic truck crane industry for many years.And they service and keep parts for older rigs.

  6. #6LonestarCobra2009-05-28 22:09

    I am a fan of Cat. I grew up riding in a 93J D5 and later a 3X D6. I prefer John Deere for the farm equipment. The first tractor I ever drove was the old JD Model D. I agree that what you grow up with is probably what you prefer. I also was a field service mechanic at a Cat dealer for 12 years. That really sold me on the overall quality of their equipment.

  7. #7komatpillar2009-05-28 23:36

    Yeah, the brand varies in every equipment. I think in cranes, most preferred is Tadano. But popularity, I think Cat and Komatsu.. www.komatpillar.com

  8. #8Speedpup2009-05-29 18:23

    Lull which is now part of JLG. Good service on parts.

  9. #9Finish Blademan2009-05-29 18:32

    Caterpillar without a doubt. Quality and functionality that are unbeatable.

  10. #10bjs2009-05-29 21:26

    what about asv's are they any good or not. or deere. let me know, cause im in the market to maybe buy one. but i dont know which one. im looking at skid steers, like a bobcat 300 or something about the size of that. something inclosed and joysticks. so whats a good machine?

  11. #11td25c2009-05-29 22:02

    Welcome komatpillar,I have never seen a tadano or ran one.We have grove's ,link-belts,and terex hydraulic truck cranes in my area.

  12. #12willie592009-05-29 22:15

    I don't know who told you the opposite, but I'm with Muffler Bearing; I'd rather work on a Case than a Bobcat any day of the week.

  13. #13gggraham2009-05-30 01:43

    I'd much rather work on Case than Bobcat too. We see Bobcat trades all the time, big joke around the shop is, if it's broke and sales wants it fixed before they resell it the salesman who took it in on trade has to work on it.

  14. #14komatpillar2009-05-30 03:41

    Thanks 25C...:salute Tadano's well known here in Asia. It has originated from Japan.. I have posted some pics below.. www.komatpillar.com

  15. #15stumpjumper832009-05-31 07:46

    i think bobcat's skidsteers have to be about the hardest of all the skidsteers to do anything more than regular service to. Case skidsteers do not seem to be too bad, new hollands might be easier on account of their boom design.