Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

NEED HELP ID ing TOPSOIL SCREENER

tuney443 ยท 2009-05-28 22:39

I just got a small old topsoil screener without any manufacturer's name on it.My immediate concern is I have to replace the conveyor belt ASAP to get her running--right in the middle of topsoil season and my other screener is now completely broke.The setup is like this--the conveyor is angled at 45*,when the soil reaches the top,there's about 12-15 fingers to screen out the spoil,anything else gets through and goes upward over a small chute.The conveyor is 36'' wide and 9'6'' long when layed out on the ground,so the centering between the drive roller and idler is app.half of that total.The belt has probably a thousand small pieces of 3/8'' angle iron riveted on the belt.This is the problem.I can get belting anywhere,but nobody has these metal cleats attached as far as I've been able to research in the last day.I've found 1 company out in Denver that has a raised V pattern made out of the same rubber as the belt--1/4'' raise and 51/2'' long on the V,fairly spaced closely.I don't know though if this would have enough ''grip'' to carry the soil up that 45* angle though.I could install the metal angle iron onto the belt I suppose but I'm really looking for a close replacement belt. Oh--the engine is a v-4 air cooled Wisconsin with a Rockford clutch setup that turns 5 long V belts to engage the drive roller.Any help on Id ing the rig or help with the logistics of that belt would be greatly appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1tuney4432009-05-29 00:07

    After doing some research I think it might be a 262 Royer. Does that sound right? A company called Cornelius in Wisconsin is a Royer dealer--I'll check Fri.

  2. #2tuney4432009-06-03 23:04

    Nobody here has a Royer? We talk about the most trivial stuff here,which is fine,don't anybody get their drawers in a knot,but come-on,I can't believe no one here has responded.I got the belt today from Cornelius,not cheap--$2,500,but apparently their the guys for this stuff.It appears it's a model 360.

  3. #3bill53622009-06-03 23:12

    Tuney, I would love to help you with this but I have a tiger screen. Here is the link to my screener http://www.tigerscreen.com Bill

  4. #4Turbo218352009-06-03 23:16

    I have never heard of a Royer. But it looks like you got it figured out. Some pictures of the set up may have helped. Kinda surprised you had such a hard time finding a belt. They question I have, is do you still have the old belt. If so, have you considered getting a new "blank" belt. Then drilling those rivits out, and bolting them to the new belt. This way you have a back up, or should say replacement. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but doesnt sound like a bad down time project.

  5. #5tuney4432009-06-03 23:59

    I briefly thought about that but decided not to.There are thousands of rivets,probably close to a thousand cleats,but the real kicker is the new belt is a non-seam belt--no splice. Whoever spliced my old belt with Flexco joinery apparently didn't know what they were doing--it was dry-rotted and broke and then someone tried splicing.