Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What size breaker would I use on a Mecalac 15 MWR?

Cartoondude135 ยท 2023-12-17 16:46

Out of blind luck by just using the keywords "mecalac 15mwr", I found a YouTube video with this. I screenshot it to show you. What size North American breaker attachment would fit an excavator like this? A Kent KF 45 is too big and fits a 30 ton excavator. While a BTI TB425QA is too small and fits a backhoe loader. So... any suggestions? There was a person standing nearby for reference to the breaker's height.

Replies3
  1. #1Tags2023-12-17 22:33

    Probably a 2500-3000lb hammer would be fine. Too big and the machine will be very unbalanced.

  2. #2KSSS2023-12-18 00:44

    I wouldn't put a 3K hammer on a machine that size, way too much hammer in my opinion. I would suggest an Okada Top60B or TOP 90 (at the highest end), Epiroc 552.

  3. #3uffex2023-12-18 13:49

    Good day The specification sheet will state what weight is safe at full reach, compare this with the hammer and attachment bracket. Attached may help. Kind regards Uffex