Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

what size trailer for a new holland 555e 2×4 exstenda hoe

groundloop ยท 2012-05-31 15:17

Hi all what size trailer would work to haul a new holland 555e 2x4 extenda hoe backhoe? thanks

Replies14
  1. #1jimg9842012-05-31 17:05

    that machine should weigh 15,000 to 16,000 lbs best bet dual axles with dual tires

  2. #2groundloop2012-06-01 09:28

    thanks for the reply Im trying to figue the lenght and capcity . I once had a car trailer that was to short the car would fit but you couldnt get it balanced(to much tonge weight) I dont want to do that agin thanks Chris

  3. #3stumpjumper832012-06-01 18:07

    I wouldnt consider anything under 19' of deck, and tandem duals, avoid tripple axle single tire rigs at all cost.

  4. #4packratc2012-06-01 19:55

    Please, someone tell stumpjumper83 how to spell trippple. Groundloop, you haven't mentioned your tow vehicle. I would suggest no less than a one ton dually and obviously, brakes. You mentioned tongue weight. I would recommend a 5th wheel rig for your one ton. This is moot if you're towing with a dump truck. Good luck is always a god thing to have but in these matters the right truck and trailer are better than the luck. Packrac

  5. #5jimg9842012-06-01 20:24

    one ton truck? but sure to kiss wife, kids, and dog goodby

  6. #6Deon2012-06-01 20:37

    Second the motion. Buy lots of life insurance first and tell all your friends to stay off the road before you leave.

  7. #7CM19952012-06-01 20:44

    .. Maybe someone needs to tell you how to spell triple ..:cool2

  8. #8packratc2012-06-01 21:54

    You're absolutly right. I thought triple "p's" was somehow appropriate due to the three axles. No other slight intended. Sorry if I offended. Packratc

  9. #9jughead2012-06-02 06:31

    towed a 655d about 60 miles a few years back with 2k ford dually and a triple axle goose neck. will say that ford had all it wanted even with a chip and didnt like to stop too well either

  10. #10CM19952012-06-02 09:06

    No harm done.

  11. #11Gambler2012-06-02 16:21

    Thats why they call them Tri Axle trailer no P's to worry about LOL would want at least a 25' deck would still hang over

  12. #12groundloop2012-06-05 12:42

    I will be pulling it with a 33000# boom truck or a propane bobtail so no 1ton Im in west Virginia and Id like to be able to stop.

  13. #13dwloop2012-06-05 20:39

    I have said it before and don't want to start anything, but we pulled Case 580C's and D's with 3/4 and one ton trucks back in the day all the time, plumbing trucks with pintle hitches. Never had an issue, just need to know what you were doing... Way too many nanny rules and not enough sense these days... My 2c... Dave

  14. #14jimg9842012-06-05 21:27

    good thing that when we get older, some get wiser,,, and be thankful we were lucky