Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

WHAT SKID STEER IMPLEMENTS AND BUCKETS TO BUY?

Flienlow · 2019-03-20 14:53

We recently purchased a new to us Kubota SVL 75. Looking for advice on "Must Haves" for it as well as what to avoid. We have the typical bucket on with smooth cutting edge. So far I am thinking we need a set of forks, and some sort of grapple bucket. However, I am not sure what to get and what not to. Would love to hear thoughts, either way.

Replies14
  1. #1seville0092019-03-20 18:30

    Depends on what you bought it for, personal use, commercial use, type of Land you’re on, live in the North or South, etc. More importantly, how much can you spend? I’m a homeowner in snow country - have a snowblower and a bucket.

  2. #262oliver2019-03-20 20:08

    Forks, snow bucket if you need it, and some kind of grapple bucket, dependant on what you mostly want to handle with it. I have a big rock bucket too, mostly to handle firewood.

  3. #3ianjoub2019-03-20 20:25

    log splitter backhoe trencher mulcher auger You have a nice powerhead, buy any and all attachments as needed. Pay more for good quality ones, you won't regret it.

  4. #4DIYDAVE2019-03-20 20:31

    Don't forget about a bush hog, handy as a shirt pocket!

  5. #5Flienlow2019-03-20 20:59

    Thanks Guys. To add to the conversation we will be doing light grade and material handling. We are also getting a lot of requests for Demo work such as ripping out old driveways and repouring. I am thinking for the initial purchase a good set of forks and a rock bucket with grapple? or does one prefer a solid bottom with grapple? What Quality brands should I look at? For the really expensive stuff, we will look into renting the implement before purchase.

  6. #6Bumpsteer2019-03-20 21:39

    If your current bucket doesn't have a bolt on cutting edge, add it NOW. Forks are a must have, grapple bucket also, I prefer solid bottom & back. Ed

  7. #7Welder Dave2019-03-20 23:05

    A tooth bucket for sure. Turns it into a completely different machine.

  8. #8strykerakamack2019-03-25 00:37

    I've had good results with Titian attachments by owning way too many of them . For grading I picked up an ABI SR3 Rake ,which has been amazing also for clearing brush , knocking down small trees and re-sloping my hill side

  9. #9Flienlow2019-03-25 10:09

    Will the SR3 replace a Harley rake for such things as pulverizing sod? How much are they?

  10. #10strykerakamack2019-03-25 12:52

    Yep it will get 5" deep with the Hydraulic scarifiers or leave a smooth finish with the finish rake . Buy Once Cry Once @ around 5k But haven't regretted it once as this does what the rake does and so much than what the rake can do .

  11. #11BC873G2019-03-26 11:33

    Stryker, how long ago did you purchase the rake? Thanks

  12. #12strykerakamack2019-03-26 16:36

    I picked it up around 2 years ago probably have around 150 hours of use on it

  13. #13JBrady2019-03-26 17:22

    In addition to what others have said (forks, GP bucket, grapple), I use an auger an awful lot. I also have a Danhausr T-post driver that makes putting up fence a breeze. For the auger, i would go with the octagon drive instead of the round. Mine is round and I have a 9" bit for it. When I have needed something bigger, seems most of the rental companies only have the octagon type and I end up renting a whole other auger. Also, for the grapple bucket, I have been real happy with the rock bucket type I have. The slats that make up the bottom are close enough to hold any kind of brush or clay, but they let gravel fall through.

  14. #14DIYDAVE2019-03-26 20:39

    To the original poster, I would say, check what kind of augers are available for rent, in his local area. I know in the delmarva area, where I operate, round, hex and a smaller round shaft is available. Good thing the 2-9/16" round is popular, around here. I think the utility companies around here use them for pole installation. I have quite a collection, from 3-36", and a couple tree installation augers, most all bought at auctions, for pennies on the dollar. I've welded up and rebuilt several. A useful resource: http://www.drillingworld.com/product_catalogs.asp