Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What sort off machine do you operate?

385c JR ยท 2008-01-18 17:25

I'm curious what you guys do at work. I mainly load trucks. 775E's and 771E's. And som A40D's. We are moveing gravel from a area who shall become a industry site. Ca 750000 ton. Here is my machine :usa

Replies198
  1. #1rino14942008-01-18 17:55

    I do everything with ours. Dig foundations, backfill, trench for sanitary and storm lines, electric ditches, dig ponds, swales, slope banks, place rip-rap, demolition, load trucks, cut in roads, clear trees, etc....

  2. #2TRACKHOE712008-01-18 18:01

    dig for pipe and load trucks and dig for utlity trenches when need be

  3. #3tonka2008-01-18 18:26

    Right now I'm running a Cat 330B with a Shear. But on the 28th I start a new job loading bails of trash on to train cars, with a Sennebogen 835, like iths one.

  4. #4385c JR2008-01-18 18:26

    Pics please I want to see what kind off machine you operate... :drinkup:drinkup

  5. #5385c JR2008-01-18 18:31

    Nice... :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

  6. #6385Diggin' Doug2008-01-18 18:34

    Primarily deep and invloved pipe work. 345 B & C's ; 365 & 385 Road grading. 12's & 14's ; 4's & 5's Cut & Fills. 8's & 9's

  7. #7Rockbreaker2008-01-18 18:48

    My machines well like mr Countryboy i have more than one macine:cool2 But sometimes it happens to come some work cross my way and then i help them out. And i have pics my good man:bouncegri

  8. #8bobcat ron2008-01-18 19:42

    An old Ackerman Volvo?

  9. #9MMSOCAL2008-01-18 23:45

    Loading Trucks I mostly load trucks, from Volvo A-35's with a 375 to 773's with a 5130 or 1100. Most of my work consist overburden removal, and reclaimation work. :usa The 1100 i've run i dont have any pics of, here are ther rest.:usa

  10. #10RollOver Pete2008-01-19 01:03
  11. #11RollOver Pete2008-01-19 01:14
  12. #12RollOver Pete2008-01-19 01:24
  13. #13RollOver Pete2008-01-19 01:41

    I get around.... Kinda looks like I'm the forum slut...

  14. #14Rockbreaker2008-01-19 03:01

    Yes it is... It has been ten years since i operated it but

  15. #15tylermckee2008-01-19 09:05

    Same here, except most of what i do requires a blasting crew, or a breaker.

  16. #16bobcat ron2008-01-19 10:44

    All these pics make me jealous now.........wish I was playing in the dirt with my Cat too.

  17. #17385c JR2008-01-19 12:07

    Mighty... I'm grateful for all the pics. :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy I'm envious on those off you that operates many differentially machines. I guess that you not get so easy boring when you diversify on the machines... Wish I someday be able to try out on 5130 or 5230. Big machines is my favorite... :usa:usa:usa (I hope you understands what I write)

  18. #18dieseldave2008-01-19 12:16

    Do you want pics of just excavators, or does anything go?

  19. #19dieseldave2008-01-19 12:19

    RollOverPete, Those pics of your idlers hanging over the edge of whatever that structure is are spooky BTW,were you operating the Jeep at the time of the incident pictured?

  20. #20dayexco2008-01-19 12:39

    diesel, i'd remove the one of the dude in the ditch up to his shoulders without trench protection. might have an osha man viewing these threads.

  21. #21Young James2008-01-19 12:59

    I use a 07 JD 644J to make sand/wash stone. We use this sand and stone for concrete, pipe bedding and much more. This is a screening plant we use where I feed and take away. It separates the stone into 2 different sizes, and the sand drops down into the water where the screw spits it out. The pit is down below me, I'm right on top of everything.

  22. #22Dirtman20072008-01-19 13:03

    few of mine...

  23. #23385c JR2008-01-19 13:36

    I want it all... :drinkup Excavators, dozers, motor graders, wheel loaders, tractor etc etc Bring it on...

  24. #24MKTEF2008-01-19 14:21

    I'll be in the same category as Pete. Got a lisence for nearly everything, and drives what needs to be driven. Here's some pics. And its me on the paver too.(A bet with the paving team!) Check out our website www.mktef.info And my youtube user mktef shows some videos when i drive the Volvo G976. Is also a short clip while i drilled a waterwell with the Nemek. The G976 is my favorite, and i try to spend as much time as possible in it. Click on my avatar and choose previous posts, i have posted lots of pics here. And we are a bigger entrepreneur than u can imagine....

  25. #25TRACKHOE712008-01-19 15:17

    heres a couple of pics from about 3 years ago the first 2 are of a 365cl and a 345bl. I didnt get a chance to run either of these, on this job a year prior to that i was on the 345 though. the second is a picture of my old pick up and my 330cl. these were all taking in the lehigh valley.

  26. #26Rockbreaker2008-01-19 15:31

    Great machines Great pics here. Big thank to you mktef for keeping us all safe and restoring what others have destroyed Big:drinkup Nice look on that pickup Trackhoe... Seems like you take pride in keeping things in order

  27. #27ctkiteboarding2008-01-19 18:15

    got pics of my little operation, www.gandgllc.com no monsters like you guys:usa but i keep busy, enjoy

  28. #28dieseldave2008-01-19 22:38

    That was a couple years ago, I'm sure he's out of the ditch by now. :angel Seriously, that was probably the most dangerous site I've ever worked, and the closest I've ever come to blowing the whistle on a contractor. Arrogance and incompetence don't mix well, and these guys had heapin' helpin's of both. The stories I could tell...:Banghead

  29. #29dieseldave2008-01-19 22:58

    Building dike with the Corps of Engineers

  30. #30dieseldave2008-01-19 23:05

    more Corps work

  31. #31637slayer2008-01-19 23:06

    thats a pretty slope, what were you guys building?

  32. #32dieseldave2008-01-19 23:13

    We were building dikes for dredge spoil disposal areas. 3:1 inside slope, 2:1 outside slope. The first set of pics were of a baffle dike, on these we sometimes cheat a bit and go steeper than 2:1 if there's not enough material.

  33. #33bobcat ron2008-01-20 12:07

    Must have been easy pushing, just point it in a straight line and move.

  34. #34EZ TRBO2008-01-20 12:18

    Few of mine Heres some pics from the the family biz days. Trbo

  35. #35JoeS19892008-01-20 12:19

    I run a Hitachi ZX210LC-3 and a Komatsu PC180LC-7 depending on where im working! With the Hitachi i do a whole range of thing from loading trucks to digging foundations but when im running the komatsu i only ever load our companies Terex XR400 and load trucks! Joe

  36. #36EZ TRBO2008-01-20 12:22

    Few more, new job Now at my new job. PC220 LC, D6H, TD-15C(my old dozer), a number of loaders, and some rental stuff(240X2 Long Front) Trbo

  37. #37biggixxerjim2008-01-20 13:04

    Really!

  38. #38JoeS19892008-01-20 13:05

    Yes really! Im still only an apprentice but i do get to run these pieces of equipment on a regular basis! Joe

  39. #39JS580SL2008-01-20 13:07

    What I mainly run. 580Super L series 2. We have a 120 Deere, KX121-3 kubota, and gehl CTL60. We pull it all with a KW T300.

  40. #40385c JR2008-01-20 16:59

    Nice... Thanks for shearing guys. :notworthy:notworthy keep up the good work.

  41. #41dayexco2008-01-20 18:27

    one of these girls date on the cam wasn't set right, still don't know how to set it!!! have to read the book i guess

  42. #42Truckie2008-01-20 20:38

    Here are a few of the machines I run. I will post a few more later. Got to resize them.

  43. #43Turbo218352008-01-20 20:55

    Truckie, what do you think of the liebhers? I see them from time to time, but theres no real dealer network around here.

  44. #44Truckie2008-01-20 21:50

    It is a great machine to run. Plenty of power for sure. I have not been able to bog this machine down. It is a tight machine and the controls are quick. Took a bit of getting use to with how fast it is and no swing break. With this machine we have cut truck loading time in half. It use to take 45 minutes to an hour to load a truck with our old machine, with this one it is right around 25 to 30 minutes. This machine has 30 foot boom and 30 foot stick along with a 20,000 kw generator. It is a 944 wide track. The cab is set up nice, but it is a narrow cab. It could be about 6 inches wider for big and broad shoulder operators. You have a nice view of everything around you. Lots of glass. It is a very impressive machine to run. We have a great dealer network here. They are in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. One dealer is only about 30 minutes from us.

  45. #45Countryboy2008-01-21 00:31

    Yeah, sitting in the control house all night ain't no fun. I've got to get out and run some equipment every now and then.

  46. #46Rockbreaker2008-01-22 09:03

    Second that one CB :iagree There is a Volvo l110 wheel loader here and it happens to be me running for some truck loads at least. And who knows,maybe the truck owners think that it is a good thing that i do not run the wheel loader full time:Banghead

  47. #47Eric2008-01-22 10:40

    I too run more than one. Mining equipment, thankfully 99.5% Caterpillar!

  48. #48Rockbreaker2008-01-22 16:00

    Hello Eric.. When can me and my friend come over there and visit you? Would be fun to see all the great stuff you got at work :usa

  49. #49Burnout2008-01-22 22:30

    I would officially like to take over as forum slut from here on out..... I have more pics of Edmonton..... a couple without 385's though. I know you guys are gonna have questions on the last pic... yes its homebuilt. It's a 1982 Terragator Big A. It has a 3208 Cat under the hood with a 15ft aluminum dump box on it. To the top of the boards is 13'6". My former boss built it, and I helped because he didn't believe in ADT's. He built the truck we used it a couple times and then retired it because the transmission wasn't up to it and our Daewoo 130 wasnt able to reach into the box.

  50. #50tonka2008-01-23 07:06

    They use TG's all the time in Cali for farming.

  51. #51OrlokFarms2008-01-23 08:47

    Every chance I get and just a weekend warrior!!! HI Folk's, I have been "lurking" on this great web site for a while now and even before I purchased my Excavator ( " Betsy " ) last Sept 07. I love to trade jobs and have any one of you guy's job operating Heavy machineries. I love operating them equipment. I started out with a JOHN Deere tractor with a front loader and with attachements. Moving from the city into the country, I figured that I need a tracktor than a new truck. After two year's , I decided I need to have an excavator if I have to clear some land, move some trees, pull stumps out and digging me up a pond. I was going to just rent one but I ofted to get one and take my time with my projects. My line of work during my military time :usa and after my retirement and still working in Logistics . I really have no complains :beatsme about my line of work. It actually pay's the bills and fuel and maintenance with my machines. So far I just have a John Deere (green and Yellow) 790 and a used Gray machine 1994 Kobelco SK-120 chopper style. I love it!!!I have attached a picture of "Betsy". I know I am not on you guy's league and I envy you guys.. Thank's and I love this wonderful, awesome website. Thank's again.... Orlok Farms South Carolina

  52. #52Eric2008-01-23 11:43

    Anytime! That goes for anyone. If anyone is in the neighborhood and would like a mine tour I would be glad to do it. All I need is a little heads up to schedule it. Weekends are better, (less boss's around.) And it has to be on a day off. I work a 4 on 4 off schedule so you got a 50% chance. You long distance visitors, If you are really interested and on vacation or holiday or whatever, I can probably get something worked out anyway.

  53. #53Rockbreaker2008-01-23 12:53

    Thanks Eric. Me and my friend have been talking about taking a trip next year. And it would be awesome to visit you and take a look at that great workplace you have. Keep the 5230 working til we get there:usa

  54. #54MKTEF2008-01-23 15:07

    Be carefull now Eric! Theese guy's earn 40+$ pr hour and will show up when u least expect it!:exactly And the dollar is low now so it's smart for us to visit US.:usa:usa Maybee some of us should stick our heads together and arrange a US mining tour this year. Conexpo is a good excuse to go over.

  55. #55Rockbreaker2008-01-25 08:50

    Well.... You where braging a bit there mktef. 40+ we do not make that much,but i would not mind to do so My good friend is building a house so we can not go this year. But we kick in a saving plan and order a ticket next year i think. Conexpo would be fun but.... thats life

  56. #56Eric2008-01-25 22:11

    You Norweigans can come anytime. I make peanuts compared to you all!! Send me a pm with enough time to get it set up. You guys will have to do the same for me in about 20 years when I can afford to take the family to visit the "mother country"!!

  57. #57Sam sung2008-01-25 22:38

    I have a 92 Samsung se130 mostly use it on my own property . this spring I hope to clear trees to make runway for ultralight....

  58. #58Rockbreaker2008-01-26 06:23

    Thanks Eric. We will let you know on a pm when we know when we are going. And of course we will do the same for you when you come over here. Do you think the 5230 is going to hold it togheter for one more year?

  59. #59bandit2008-01-26 15:46

    I have a Cat E70B with blade using it on farm for general clean up

  60. #60Eric2008-01-26 23:07

    Yeaah, 5230 just had a new engine put in it, should last the rest of the year.

  61. #61MMSOCAL2008-01-27 01:47

    just maybe :usa Maybe our 5130 lasted about 460 hrs on the rebuilt motor, before the next major issue. The 5000 series cat's are a pain in the butt as best. I am a cat man to the bone but good luck with your shovel, ours leaks more oils than its worth. Maybe one day they will have cat shovel that will out last a hitatchi, or o&k./

  62. #62Eric2008-01-27 22:28

    Yeah the old girl leaks a bit. Actually had a 4'' hydraulic line go kerplooey on it, cut right through the glass on the right side of the cab. Operator got a good bath in hot oil. This happened a few months ago. We rarley run the 5230, it is our spare to run if the cable shovels go down. It sure is fun to operate though!!:usa

  63. #63alco2008-01-27 23:23

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....are you trying to get into comedy? Brian

  64. #64MMSOCAL2008-01-28 07:31

    ointheadWell that would be my opening line.:lmao

  65. #65ttomkat5102008-01-28 19:11

    i run a cat 330D up here in CT, all types of site work, Cherry Hill Construction......

  66. #66redline2008-01-29 01:24

    hi all, Brett is my name and I thought it was about time to post up and say hi. I live in Queensland, Australia. ever since I got eyes I have loved the yellow iron and all things BIG, I was driving a 2.5 Ton forklift as soon as I could reach the pedals and then progressed to farm tractors with the first being a TE 20, since then tractors have changed and become much larger and more electronic and I have been blessed with the chance to operate a wide selection doing many different farming and earthwork operations. I then started on grain harvestors and cotton pickers, from there cane cutting led to an opening driving volvo A25C dumpers, with a short stint in an A30C as well. This company then offered me a job driving a 360Hp artic mega mulcher clearing trees and rubbish from under powerlines, (pics below are me driving) then I got a start on a Komatsu D150A pushing gravel and offset discing farm land to level the melon holes and clear the brigalow scrub ready for ploughing. This dozer never ran for more than a month pr so before breaking down which meant time in overalls fixing it, final drives, gearbox, engine, we fixed it all!!! Then I got a start on a D9H blade ploughing (pictured below), what can I say it was an awesome job and I never stopped smiling while on that dozer, the raw power, the never give up feel, really proved what a lemon the D150A was. since then I have stuck in a factory doing night shift and cant wait to get back in the dirt, I have been trying to get a start in the mines but it aint easy with very little interest to date, oh well I will keep trying and something will come up no doubt. well enough talk how bout I shuttup and bring on the pics, i hope I dont annoy anyone with too many pics but there all machines and I have driven them all plus many many more.

  67. #67bobcat ron2008-01-29 10:41

    Nice pics, do all the tractors have to have blades on the front?

  68. #68637slayer2008-01-29 12:20

    i got to run this last night, komatsu pc 300

  69. #69redline2008-01-29 16:43

    no they dont all have blades but certain farms and contractors have the blades for clearing fire breaks and protecting the tractor from trees and rubbish. they are very handy on a farm tractor and not as obtrusive as a front end loader on the front

  70. #70Construct'O2008-01-29 16:57

    I give up what was they having you doing????? Just praticing:beatsme:usa

  71. #71637slayer2008-01-30 01:41

    i was going along the hiwall straightening it out and putting the bentonite in a pile so the scrapers could pile it. i only got the privelage of running it cause my scraper is broke, the stuff im piling is green as grass. im not much of a hoe hand but i tried to come across like i knew what i was doing not practicing.

  72. #72Cavalo2008-01-30 14:40

    Hey Roll over Pete.........what happened with the Jeep?? I got one just like it but black.........

  73. #73equipment fan2008-01-30 17:27

    me,i run a school pencil,but in three year,i will climb in heavy equipment!

  74. #74CascadeScaper2008-01-30 23:56

    Not sure how I missed this thread, but here goes. I myself specialize in mini work, spent a lot of time in skid steers and mini excavators. Done lots and lots of landclearing, I pulled 155 acres of orchard out of the ground in 2006 with just a 120 sized machine. I've probably pulled well over half a million trees out of the ground, burned just as many, fun stuff. I got pretty good at working steep slopes with an excavator, back home there isn't a site that's ever flat and even the tame slopes are becoming few and far between. The main attraction to the town is a large lake, 55 miles long and 1 mile across where town is located. The lake was carved out by a glacier, so the valley is naturally sloped upward from the lake, steeper in places than others. Now that the lower valley is being built out, home sites are gaining altitude and the slopes are getting steeper. I've hung an excavator off a slope more times than I can remember, done some things I probably shouldn't have, but I'm still here to tell some tales and there isn't a job that scares me away. Grab a jockstrap, cinch down on the seatbelt, and put your feet on the glass, let's move some dirt.

  75. #75637slayer2008-01-31 01:10

    so did i have it parked wrong or something, ive been around track hoes for a long time just never got very many chances to run one,everywhere ive worked for the hoe operator was always the more experienced hands, guys that have been in the dirt for awhile and they never missed work, so i just never got a chance to be in the seat very often.but i love it when i do get the chance,so if i post some more pics of running the hoe,and you see me doin something wrong let me know, ill listen, i might be like this :cool2 but i still listen.

  76. #76928G Boy2008-01-31 10:53

    what sort of machine do I operate? Loaders sized usually from 926 to 950, sometimes 966s, a little time in 980 Excavators usually sized from 320 to 345, sometimes as small as 302.5 to as large as 385. Track Loaders 963 and 977 pine handled shovels square edged to spade end, always D handled. GPS and total station surveying equipment

  77. #77ZAXIS2008-02-03 11:04

    Dear 385c JR, We are an underground utility contractor in N.E. Arkansas and I run a 2004 Hitachi Zaxis 270LC. We lay sewer main, water main, storm drainage pipe, fire lines, process waste lines, etc. We also have a EX200LC-5 and a ZX200LC that we run. Nice machine pics. I got the opportunity to run a PC1000 and a PC750 back in 1996 at a Komatsu Demonstration in Chattanooga, TN. It was an awesome experinece except for the fact that all the machines ran opposite(hydraulic pattern) of what I am used to. Sincerely, ZAXIS

  78. #78DaHeimer2008-02-29 21:55

    Hi, been lurking around here for a couple of days and decided to post something, I just recently started running excavator (november) so I have only run a few machines. I run a Takeuchi TB175 with a hoepack, a Linkbelt 2200 with hydraulic thumb, a John Deere 590d, and a Komatsu 200pc with hydraulic thumb. compared to you guys I am just a young 'un. Morgan

  79. #79Countryboy2008-02-29 21:59

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums DaHeimer! :drinkup

  80. #80BrianHay2008-03-01 00:00

    I spent a lot of years on Scrapers, Dozers Graders and Hoe's. Now I operate a Kaiser Walking Excavator, also commonly called a Spyder Hoe ...I Love it!

  81. #81sheepfoot2008-03-01 00:18

    Mosquito control drott 40b, daewoo 220lc-3, 24' matts, cat d7hser2, hyundia740tm3, newholland tm155(4x4), john deere 5400(4x4), john deere 650 (4x4), dump trucks, trailers, boats, argo's, max's,4x4 service truck crane,welder,air/ 12 4x4pickups, 1 4x4 8"lift big sup swampers.

  82. #82CAT 345BLR2008-03-02 05:11

    Hitachi Zaxis 470-3 Long Reach http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/mondeoclipper/Hitachi ZX 470-3LR/P1060913_640x480.png

  83. #83385c JR2008-03-02 15:42

    Thanks for shareing guys. :drinkup That long reach 470 looks nice.

  84. #84iron kid2008-03-02 17:05

    dose the corp use any thing made in the us or is it a fair market deal? or is it rented

  85. #85Cat-385BL2008-11-27 21:38

    Sorry guys, I'm a new comer. But recently I have operated a Cat 315C quick coupler with bucket, thumb, and then a hammer, working for the state of New Hampshire. (I wish I had pictures for everyone.....) Which I've always wanted to run one, but never thought it happen..... BUT it has, and its great! Now I'm getting into the Diecast Model collecting as well!

  86. #86385c JR2008-11-28 10:45

    Welcome to HEF Cat-385BL. Do you have som pics to post of the machine you operat. :usa

  87. #87Cat-385BL2008-11-28 12:57

    Thanks 385c JR, As for pictures, No I don't, sorry. (The job that I do for the State of NH isn't road construction actually!) I'm a maintenance mechanic for the state and operate all the machines needed at the time of demo a small building interior to demo outside sub structures for the Liquor stores. So, we rent all the needed machines at the time. So, me as an operator isn't a full time job. It was a one time thing for me, but a niice little "slice" of enjoyment on a machine as such.

  88. #88Pete14682008-11-28 20:11

    I'm a newcomer also,I don't know if I'll fit in here or not but I get the pleasure to run a Gradall 4100XL for the county that I live in. I'm lucky enough to have a stiff back in the evening after I've driven it where it has to go and then back for the evening. It's terribly under powered and has backwards controls.

  89. #89cat 3852008-11-28 21:36

    if u can run a gradeall u can run any thing,welcome

  90. #90Maui Gulch2008-11-30 01:14

    Sorry to jump in this thread but I need some advice on a stuck swing brake on a 1990 E120B. It was working fine and the pump seems to be trying to swing but the brake will not release. Any help Thanks

  91. #91Maui Gulch2008-11-30 01:18

    I'm on a small E120B Cat. Just learning. The swing brake is stuck though and I can't figure out how to fix it or release it. Envious of all the nice clean machines. Mine is a bit ratty. Welded wire mesh for house

  92. #92roddyo2008-11-30 01:43

    Case CX 160 I'm running a Case CX 160 with a Hydraulic Thumb. When I get some stuff moved around I'm going to get another 210 with a 150 inch stick this time.

  93. #93Polar Bear2008-11-30 08:44

    This one im operate at moment 2007 Liebheer 954

  94. #94Eagle Spirit2008-11-30 15:12

    I will have to get pics to add. I would by no means call myself an operator, just a guy who is working where there are a few old machines to play with. Hitachi UH045, old and smokin but works for digging out stumps and moving around some dirt. I have some questions about this machine that I want to ask as soon as I can post my own threads. John Deere 555, sat for years in the woods but recently we have used it to set a few new manufactured homes. Woorks great in tight spots in an existing park. Case 580D, nice old low hour machine we use quite a bit. John Deere 350C, another one of the machines that lived in the woods for a few years till recently being brought out. Needs some work, but looks like it will be a nice litle dozer to play with. Case 580B, Scrap metal for the most part. Only good thing I think is the engine. I never had any training, was just told to go do it.

  95. #95RailKing2009-01-27 22:04

    Serco 170-A... grapple and magnet These are pictures from the old machine I ran. 10,000 hours on her.... Just got a new one in September 08, exactly the same except the 08 has a magnet and hydraulic generator. Hope my pics work

  96. #96special tool2009-01-28 06:46

    Looks good! I sure would like a few loads of those ties.......

  97. #97brian falcone2009-01-28 10:01

    i operate the 315cl at work. the 950f is my winter ride ande the h25b was my personal snowplow at home. it even came with a small operator .

  98. #98brian falcone2009-01-28 10:17
  99. #99brian falcone2009-01-28 10:19
  100. #100CabbageThe12009-01-28 18:05

    I operate whatever my boss tells me to I prefer our SK200 though....when I get the chance that is was I like to run the most.

  101. #101JDMGrading2009-01-28 21:25

    I like the tinted windows!

  102. #102ddigger2009-01-28 22:03

    I own and make my living with a cat 330L that I bought new in 95, about to turn 18.000hrs and going strong. As a owner operator I do what ever task maybe. Demo, clearing, structure ex, pipe, and of course the fun that comes with the joys of ownership. doesn`t matter its all work.

  103. #103ddigger2009-01-29 00:05

    I forgot to show some of the joys of ownership:cool2.

  104. #104Clayton M2009-01-31 10:32

    I operate these, Hitachi Zaxis 270, 350, 450, 650. Cat D6N, D6R, 12H. Volvo L70E, L90E.

  105. #105Dirtman20072009-01-31 11:03

    Hey man Where are ya'll based out of? I saw some of your equipment up here on a grading job north of Raleigh in wakeforest

  106. #106Clayton M2009-01-31 11:05

    Hilton Head SC, but we work anywhere from St.Kitts islands to NC

  107. #107Dirtman20072009-01-31 11:09

    Cool, If your ever up with way with a 650 let me know... I'd like to give it a try:drinkup

  108. #108Clayton M2009-01-31 11:11

    Ok will do.

  109. #109Dirtman20072009-01-31 11:17

    A 450 will work too lol. I've never ran anything bigger that a PC300, worn a few hour meters out in some 220's though. You know anyone that's on that job up here? Seems like they are just about finished. I know the rain was holding everything up.

  110. #110Clayton M2009-01-31 11:26

    You would really like the new 450's. The controls are very sensitive so you don't have to move your hands much. They are very fast, and they will pick up anything you can fit into the bucket. We normally run them with 4.2 yard3 buckets. They have electronic screens that tell you anything from fuel level to service schedule. The cabs are great! Lots of visibility.

  111. #111Dirtman20072009-01-31 11:33

    As long as they can keep up with a volvo Ex I'm game. I love and quick and smooth machine... Might have to take a road trip now. Do hitachi's have a heated seat? volvo does lol. aight I'm off to Wimington

  112. #112Clayton M2009-01-31 11:36

    The new Hitachi's do.

  113. #113keito2009-01-31 14:47

    nice pictures

  114. #11430 dirty years2009-02-03 21:11

    Always had good luck with Deere

  115. #115OffDIGGIN2009-02-05 16:34

    what i operate this is terex 760 when she was new.

  116. #116Clayton M2009-02-10 22:17

    How do you like your Terex?

  117. #117B1G DIG2009-02-11 03:39

    ive only got a pic of the 6 tonner but its on a nother website. do u wanna see it just ask?

  118. #118OffDIGGIN2009-02-11 14:39

    terex I like my terex its been good to me. nothing major broke yet 6500 hrs I dig nothing but footings most of time with my 48" bucket on. good stable machine for an offset

  119. #119pinesd34002009-02-13 08:17

    Just wondering how photos are posted? sam

  120. #120AtlasRob2009-02-13 08:48

    Here have a lesson from the master

  121. #121Crusher2009-02-15 12:20

    I run a Serco 200 loader, loading, sorting, scrap metal, mainly cater to the scrap metal and recycling industry

  122. #122goodB0Y2009-02-18 00:47

    I just finished a gig with PKS... operated a cat385... wow what a great machine... and a monster! Got an interview with an oil sands company this week... hope I get the job to run some biger stuff...

  123. #123Crusher2009-02-19 20:16

    my old toys just a few recent machines I run

  124. #124RIVERRUNNER2009-02-20 20:39

    Here is the one I run and just bought!!

  125. #125goodB0Y2009-02-21 02:12

    here are some of the machines and sites I work at...

  126. #126goodB0Y2009-02-21 02:17

    some more from a barge job we did...

  127. #127CAT 345BLR2009-02-22 06:32

    Hitachi ZX 470-3 long Reach

  128. #128Case 580e2009-02-22 18:55

    i run a cat 225 trackhoe cat 980c loader cat d4c dozer case 580e backhoe loader 843 bobcat on the weekends

  129. #129maulman2009-02-22 21:25

    I operate a drott 40 at my personal gold mine, maulmaniac

  130. #130farmboy95102009-02-23 21:04

    How hard is it to replace a track i've heard it is alot of work is this true? What is involved in changing track? Sorry i'm a rookie:beatsme thanks:drinkup

  131. #131JS580SL2009-02-23 22:19

    Right now, 580Mturbo series 2 Case on a gas main crew and a 410G when it snows.

  132. #132special tool2009-02-24 06:35

    Pics of the 225.....

  133. #133mike 360*2009-02-24 15:39

    hello, i operate different excavators for different jobs that my boss has lined up. Cat 320d, jcb js130, komatsu pc210 dash4, jcb 8080zts, takeuchi tb145, tb125, tb16, jcb 3cx, fendt 818, also a d5 xl, d6n lgp and cat 725 adts. pics of everything, when my account gets sorted!

  134. #134d4c24a2009-02-24 16:15

    welcome nice to see you here what sort of work are you envolved in has the 818 layed any eggs yet they do not seem to be one of the better fendts you should be able to post pictures now i operate a case 590 super r , i am not sure whats super about it :beatsme cheers graham

  135. #135Deere96702009-02-24 16:40

    Pictures Please....I love the old drotts! A little weak when it comes to power, but a neat machine to say the least! The tilting turntable comes in handy as well....dont know why case dident continue that feature!

  136. #136mike 360*2009-02-25 15:56

    well d4, im just generally in groundworks, we do the usual of drainage, foundations, good old muck shifts, temp roads, landscape, lakes, and alot of concrete, my boss has invested alot in sombero industries concrete laying machines. Il have a go at these attachments. Oh the fendt is good, they are very popular here with all the big spud boys, think we have had it new in 05, fitter has just put new turbo on and new injectors, so she pulls well on the dump trailer!!

  137. #137mike 360*2009-02-25 16:13

    heres more,

  138. #138mike 360*2009-02-25 16:26

    just a few more pics of the kit i drive!!

  139. #139d4c24a2009-02-25 16:28

    pics nice pictures of the machines you use yep turbo on a 818 sound about right my friends did not last two weeks after the turbo ws fitted less than a year old when it went to the dealers there were two more with the same problems i use a 920 that is tweeked a bit (dynoed at 250 hp at the shaft) there is a picture of it in the norway pictures thread cheers graham

  140. #140mike 360*2009-02-25 16:35

    oh tidy, yeh our fendt is used for mostly 15t dump trailer work, but subbed out for ploughing and spud haulage, think my boss is in the process of organising a mccormick dealership at our yard, so she prob will be off, and we will use a new 200horse demo thing when we need it for goundworks!

  141. #141tyrkflyer2009-02-28 23:24

    nice machines!

  142. #142tootalltimmy2009-03-01 02:45

    Thankyou. great pictures!

  143. #143roddyo2009-03-01 11:43

    Wheres your Machine? I won't be long Tim until you have a machine on here also.

  144. #144roddyo2009-03-01 11:52

    Concrete Finishers Do you have anymore pictures of the Concrete Finishers? I guess the little tractor looking thing drags it off within a half inch or so and the wheel barrow thing does the final screeding from there. How many Pounds does something like that cost? Just Wondering. Thanks, Roddyo

  145. #145will2009-03-08 22:21

    Cat 320 BL for farm use, have V bucket for ditch digging, and the factory cat bucket 42" i think. Stationary thumb.

  146. #146danc2009-03-11 07:43

    A rookie here, I have an hitachi ex 120, new to the excavator driving business, and got the machine for working around my own property, where I'm building a new house. I'm doing all work so far, so I get some time in the 120, then other days I'm constructing the house. Hopefully more driving the 120 over the coming months when the weather improves, the site doesn't get as messy when things are dry. I do the muck shifting with my 6 ton benford dumper. I have some repairs to do first, and will be seeking advice from all you good experienced folk on here.

  147. #147leeroy2009-03-16 22:06

    I operate the one in the middle.

  148. #148Hendrik2009-03-17 19:55

    Ooohh right you get to drive the landcruiser

  149. #149leeroy2009-03-17 20:38

    Hahah funny,good one Hendrik.

  150. #150tyler5652@yahoo2009-03-18 11:43

    mike, whats the story with the JCB in the water? lol

  151. #151Tryin'2009-03-20 12:02

    No pics of my days w/ Cat 330B for pipe, but here's what I do now.

  152. #152Hendrik2009-03-20 21:32

    Do Cat excavators always work in pairs? Perhaps they are afraid a big Komatsu will leap out of the bushes and gobble them up I think I'd better go and do some work, my jokes are just no good today, perhaps I'll try again later.

  153. #153mike 360*2009-03-21 12:12

    tyler please find the story in the thread of equipment accidents, cheers

  154. #154Tryin'2009-03-21 12:22

    Hahaha! No, we were using one to dig and the other to sling the spoils away and stack 'em up. I wish I could get a chance on a Komatsu, I hear they're great machines.

  155. #155Tracksoup712009-03-25 03:25

    Hitachi 450 & 850 track hoes; 3500(23yrd bucket),3600(27yrd bucket), and 5500(40yrd bucket) Shovels loading CAT 785, 789, and 793 Haul Trucks. CAT D10N, R, & T Dozers. CAT 834 & 854 Rubber Tired Dozers. CAT 16H & M Motor Graders. CAT 966, 990, 992, & 994 Wheel Loaders. I Operate and Train on any of these as needed but am getting more into the shifter ( Foreman ) end of things these days.

  156. #156Tracksoup712009-03-25 16:10

    First pic is our new Hitachi 5500 shovel loading a new CAT 793D Haul truck. The second Pic is one of our 3600 shovels.

  157. #157DIGGERDOGZ2009-03-25 22:20

    Komatsu pc 1250-7sp, 1250-8sp, HD785-5,WA470-1, CAT 385B, 330B, 312C, D10t, D10R, D9R, 16H, 14H, 777D, 769D-WC & IT28G

  158. #158plantman.uk2009-10-04 09:59

    cat 320 d here in the rainy uk

  159. #159Karl2009-10-13 18:11

    I have never seen a machine do what is in the pic posted by Rockbreaker. However I am trying to get permission (joining three threads) to ask a question about a John Deere 160 LC that breaks the lower bolts in the rotating ring attachment that could result in a condition that looks like the Cat in the pic!

  160. #160Colorado Digger2009-10-13 19:25

    here are a few link belt 225, link belt 135, bobcat 435

  161. #161Dominion 4102009-10-13 21:48

    Link-Belt We also have a 135 Link-Belt,with a Helac Powertilt.A nice, handy unit. Dominion:canada

  162. #162Colorado Digger2009-10-13 22:33

    do you lose any digging power with the tilt option i would like to try one of those and a head shaker on that machine

  163. #163Burnout2009-10-13 22:36

    No I don't think they are that worried, the mechanics truck following the Komatsu around usually gives them away.:drinkup

  164. #164volvo hans2009-10-18 09:16

    Recently I got my new machine. Here a picture with the machine I worked for 8 years, a Volvo EC 240 LR. The new machine is a Volvo EC 290C LR.

  165. #165jester2982009-11-04 17:46

    I am in the uk and just bought me a Komatsu PC180 L-3 (dont know the age but told it is about 1993 )to excavate sites for poultry sheds on our farm, anybody on here know what engine is in one of these,it says komatsu on the rocker cover but told it could be cummins or perkins,having difficulty matching up an engine oil filter, i reckon the one on it is wrong any ideas?

  166. #166saivenkat2009-11-05 12:59

    dig for pipe and load trucks and dig for utlity trenches when need be .. DigBands

  167. #167shoreline2009-11-21 18:04

    I get to run Cat 330DL, 315L and CL, D5G Bobcat 341 and T300 We use a sterling tri axel to pull everything except the 330

  168. #168maple flats2009-11-25 18:15

    I just bought my little toy to install field drainage tile and other work around the farm. I soon discovered it was much easier to load logs on my sawmill with it than with my tractor and forks on the bucket loader. Even though it only weighs 8000# it still lifts a respectable log with ease. I use a sling, hook on the teeth across the entire width of the bucket, around the log and back onto the teeth. This works real slick. Someday i might get a grapple with rotator but for now I like it.

  169. #169dirtky2009-11-27 12:48

    What machine would you use to move 200000 yards of dirt by tri axle truck 2 miles away and then another job 105,000 yards 7 miles away(both jobs prevailing wages)? Take into consideration that we have a quarry that needs to move over 4 million yards of dirt over next 10 years and a sand pit that need the edges pulled back for another 300,000 yards. Has anyone ever loaded tri axles with any of the following 385, 375, 365, etc? If so what types of yardages did you get per day and cost per yard did you incur? We own a 345 currently

  170. #170plantman.uk2009-11-27 13:04

    get yourself a fleet of 385's..and keep em running 24 hours.....and good luck....if you need a hand i can help in feb 2010 for a couple of weeks, but it will cost ya coming from the u.k

  171. #171dirtky2009-11-27 13:24

    Also have (2) 990's, (1) 992, 325, 320, and 375. Own (8)70 ton rigid frame trucks.

  172. #172plantman.uk2009-11-27 13:42

    very impressive fleet...should get ya job done..pretty quick time

  173. #173AmericanLandMgt2009-12-07 02:18

    Ive got a ragged Komatsu PC-120 Excavator and an ancient IH TD-20 Dozer. Niether one of wich is pretty enough to post pictures of haha.

  174. #174perley032009-12-07 21:37

    I run a Cat 320C, Cat 320LL Forestry cab, and Cat 140G grader for Pelletier Inc (American Loggers on Discovery). Love my job and wouldn't trade it for anything, even being out here 62 miles in the woods.

  175. #175tootalltimmy2009-12-07 22:52

    Nice pictures. Glad to hear you love your job. Jobs like that are hard to find these days.

  176. #176rexdibble2009-12-07 23:34

    http://s630.photobucket.com/albums/uu28/rexdibble/?action=view&current=Miscpics008.jpg Photobucket Photobucket Here is a few

  177. #177rexdibble2009-12-07 23:36

    http://s630.photobucket.com/albums/uu28/rexdibble/?action=view&current=Miscpics008.jpg Photobucket Photobucket Here's a few

  178. #178aosteelheader2009-12-08 11:55

    365c Here's what I did this past year, and hopefully next year. That 365 is a nice hoe. I never have time to take pictures but that day I left my camera with the foreman.

  179. #179MartinHitachi2009-12-09 11:07

    Hello Norway 385c JR iam from sweden and im looking for Work in Norway, you seem to work o big/reliable firm? Do you have a website I can check? /thanks Martin

  180. #180roadrunner812009-12-23 16:31

    A few pics fist is Dozer and I installing some utilities @ work second is the new toy I picked up to move some dirt and trees third is my mother, borowing the rental machine for a few minutes http://www.kanopykingdom.com/KK KUSTOMZ.htm

  181. #181MrKomatsu2009-12-23 17:29

    :usaKomatsu D575SA........oh yeah....:drinkup:drinkup

  182. #182roadrunner812009-12-24 11:06

    Thats a darn big dozer!

  183. #183ben12009-12-31 03:59

    Can any one tell me how to get more power to the walking gear on a 20t excavator?

  184. #184AtlasRob2009-12-31 14:41

    You would probably do better starting a new thread with the machine make and model in the title. If you mean your tracking power is down or non existant there are a lot of threads on here that point to case drain tests and resealing the centre swivel. A new thread with more detail will get you a better response. :drinkup

  185. #185Liebherr9642010-01-14 19:53

    This 964 usually follows me around

  186. #186Liebherr9642010-01-14 20:21

    Oh, i also run a 914 that has the liebherr LIKUFIX system on it makes changing to multiple attachments very quick and easy, with out ever leaving the cab we use it with a Clam, grade-all bucket, sheeps foot, vibratory plate, seperate hook none attached to the bucket, and i believe its a 2yrd bucket that it came with. 520c komatsu old but still running strong 544 John deere 524 liebherr loader 344 john deere 632 liebherr track loader 962 liebherr 942 liebherr 932 liebherr another 914 its a 1996 D5 rubber tire 912 libherr

  187. #187gasfield315c2010-01-14 21:02

    i run a 315c w/42" bucket every day building gas well locations and roads, biggest thing our company has is a 320 hoe and D6R dozer...kinda small but its all we need for what we do

  188. #188schuiver2010-01-15 16:31

    The HBM 130 ta4 de machine where i work with.:cool2

  189. #189bigbob2010-01-16 08:24

    Are you one of the brothers? Loved that show, will it be back on TV sometime soon? Have they been busy or has the economy slowed there operation down?

  190. #190Liebherr9642010-01-16 12:20

    964 and 914 964 914

  191. #191Iron Man2010-01-21 19:00

    ***

  192. #192shannon2010-02-03 19:39

    Nice machines.

  193. #193gasfield315c2010-02-03 19:55

    heres a link to pics of my machine, i dont have any pics of it, some sorry pill snortin son of a b*&*h stole my deer camera back in the fall with all of my work pics on the SD card inside it. I have gave it good bath since that pic was taken so just picture it without all the grease on it..lol

  194. #194perley032010-02-04 21:32

    No, not one of the brothers, just an operator. New episodes air Feb 19 on Discovery. We have slowed down a bit but still harvesting quite a bit of wood. Right now is go time and it sure is busy keeping all the roads plowed, sanded, scar fired, and opening up winter roads that have not been opened up all winter, plus trying to build new roads as well.

  195. #195Ragingbull832010-02-05 14:02

    How do ya post pictures I had a 953D leased this past summer but Ive got a Concrete cutting company in st louis so most of my stuff is Compact equipment like the one with the Dodge Diesel I got a 1997 12 Valve Cummins 485,000 miles wish they made Heavy equipment as realiable as my Truck.

  196. #196SeaMac2012-11-03 20:25

    Right now? I'm Operating a Deere 642J with JRB 4yd bucket and wide carriage forks and a CAT 321D LCR doing pipe work. Not a huge fan of the Deere though, you can't see a damn thing when you've got the forks on and the tines are close together which is a must when unloading pallets from a truck. Whoever designed the boom crossmember to support the Z-bar apparently never used forks before. I'd much rather operate a Volvo loader, seems them Swede's understand that you've got to see your tines to use them well. Nothing sucks more than forking blind, makes you feel like an idiot having to have someone on the ground to tell you where your tines are. The CAT is a decent machine, not so much power or ass but it's been getting the job done. The only time there's been a problem is when removing a trench box, it simply struggles too much to lift it free from the hole. Nice that it's a compact radius though, which has come in quite handy while working in a shut-down lane of a very busy street. All-in-all they work and I didn't waste my money on either of 'em.

  197. #197TrentNz2012-11-03 21:15

    2011 ZX160LC-3 has 3k hours on it

  198. #198Aussiedirtpilot2012-11-04 01:37

    Have only been a fulltime "operator" for a few weeks now, so the machines i play with are only "babies" in the scheme of things The boss has a 3, 3.5 and 5 tonne hitatchi excavators. I am currently on the bosses machine the (3.5) but am expecting to be stuck with the 5 once it sits on a job, for awhile and only the 3 tonner doesn't have aircon or radio, but the subby uses that 90% of the time.... I'll stick some pics up in the excavator pics thread, when i can get into my photobucket account Cheers, Matt