Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What spam calls have you been getting lately?

materthegreater · 2025-07-30 21:21

Anybody else getting annoyed by the same spam calls week after week? I hadn't really been getting any spam calls at all until a couple months ago. Since then I've been getting at least one a week, all with the same business loan nonsense. If I don't answer (which I don't unless it's someone I know or a local number), they'll leave a message. Each call is slightly different but the main message is the same (something like this): Someone from the "California branch" or "West Coast Branch" has been trying to reach you (or your finance team) regarding your business funding approval for the last few days and even left a voicemail before the long weekend [they're smart enough to take holidays into account]. Then they go on about some details or options they're offering and at the very end give an option to press 9 to be taken off their list! I've actually answered a time or two and tried pressing 9 but it didn't help...

Replies31
  1. #1reganj2025-07-30 22:40

    Any phone call I suspect to be spam, I answer INSERT YOUR LAST NAME HERE Law offices, how may I help you? Or, INSERT YOUR LAST NAME HERE Funeral Home, how may I help you?

  2. #2Legdoc2025-07-30 22:51

    I get them all day long on my cell phone. We get the same Robo calls daily at my office at almost the same time as the previous day.

  3. #3materthegreater2025-07-31 06:17

    These must be AI robo calls because it's not a real person, but it's not a recording either. They come at random times of the day, and always a different number.

  4. #4AllDodge2025-07-31 09:27

    Mostly robo calls and different numbers I was reporting them to FTC and calls dropped a bunch, so much so it might be a month before I would get another. Since the FTC down sizing, calls have picked back up

  5. #5HarleyHappy2025-07-31 09:36

    All I get, every day is local numbers with a computer asking for donations to every damn organization in the US. All because I gave 30 bucks to the Stare Police veterans fund. Never again.

  6. #6mekanik2025-07-31 09:51

    I keep getting a robo call from the credit card security company. Apparently someone made a purchase on my Amazon account of an expensive Iphone and its billed on my credit card and If I did not make this purchase I should call the following 1-800 number immediately.

  7. #7CM19952025-07-31 10:08

    Since I stopped answering the spam calls they started texting. Now I get - Hey so and so - we have a $250-300K line of equipment financing waiting for you. Blah, blah, blah. Reply STOP

  8. #8JS4302025-07-31 10:16

    A couple years ago I was getting 20-25 a day. Not it's down to a few a day. Very annoying.

  9. #9thepumpguysc2025-08-01 15:59

    Now they’re TEXTING their crap.!! Got one today about running a toll booth..and to pay immediately or the fine raises $30.00.!!! What they don’t know is we don’t even have a STOP LIGHT let alone toll roads.!! Lol

  10. #10JS4302025-08-01 17:20

    We started getting to text about toll roads after a trip to Oklahoma City. They are pretty slick. It's amazing to me of all the things they can do in this world they can't stop spam calls/texts. Calling the national STOP sign dude help when I was getting 20-25 a day.

  11. #11Coaldust2025-08-01 21:51

    It’s the same AI bot calls at the same time, everyday. Half a ring and direct to voicemail with the same message. Even with my potato blocking their various numbers. I’ve tried calling Emily back because She wants to loan me a lot of money. I was going to ask her out, because not very many women talk to me. She doesn’t answer her “direct line”. . That makes me sad. At least She could text me a picture of her sweater stretchers.

  12. #12materthegreater2025-12-29 12:28

    Qualify for the 2025 IRS liability reduction Program It's part of government-backed relief effort aimed at helping families reduce or even eliminate back taxes due to financial hardship and I think we might be able to get you enrolled into this because your current situation There's still budget left for your state and the window is open until the end of the year so now is a great time to check where you stand you can also call us back at 800-294-9424 speak with a tax resolution officer and find out if you're eligible It could save you thousands we'll walk you through next steps review your eligibility and help you get access to your resolution portal I'll be available until 5:00 p.m. Today and I look forward to speaking with you with

  13. #13Truck Shop2025-12-30 06:42

    I always reply-I'm just answering the phone for my friend who just died and the owner of it. Shut phone--calls stop.

  14. #14Willie B2025-12-30 07:32

    Last night a heavy Spanish accent: "I am police...". I didn't hear any more, I hung up.

  15. #15HarleyHappy2025-12-30 09:10

    I get calls every damn day, please donate to sheriffs, police, fire, everything. My stupid fault, I donated last year to the wounded police and sheriffs fund. Now everyone wants a donation.

  16. #16AllDodge2025-12-30 10:09

    One of the worst charities is national sheriff's association. They spend just enough to keep their 501c3 and rest gets spent on themselves. They also come across as police, fire etc

  17. #17materthegreater2026-01-12 11:56

    Most recent daily spam: "This is Daniella Martinez with the tax review unit I've been trying to connect since the new year Your file was flagged for manual review and still shows some unresolved items possibly an older balance or a couple of missing returns If you've already resolved it no action is needed but if not now's a good time to take a second look Thanks to your state and a new budget allocation you may qualify for IRS Fresh Start or similar resolution programs Especially if you faced financial hardship there may be an opportunity to reduce what's owed or even settle it completely depending on your financial situation I am available till 5 p.m. today Please call me back at 866-878 67051" What kind of phone number has 5 digits at the end? These have all been recordings whether I answer or not. If it was a real person they would get an earful.

  18. #18thepumpguysc2026-01-12 12:03

    Funny u should mention this, I got 1 on Saturday and 1 this morning.. Except it was: Your C.C. was used in Orlando FLA for 435.00 at “X”.. did you make this purchase.. YES or NO.. And the one this morning was for UBER..

  19. #19Acoals2026-01-12 19:01

    I probably get at least 5 calls a day, lately it has been the "Voice Search Now Network" alot. About half of the spam comes up as "Potential spam" on my phone. It all plugs up the voicemail box. I am not much for the Government regulating anything, but man, I could almost be convinced that stopping the spam would be a plus. It would be more useful than most anything else they do . . .

  20. #20AllDodge2026-01-12 19:04

    I keep turning them into the FTC which has slowed them down a bunch

  21. #2192U 34062026-01-12 19:48

    I just don't answer my phone anymore unless it's one of the half dozen contacts saved in my phone.

  22. #22Truck Shop2026-01-12 19:59

    Insure Me.

  23. #23skyking12026-01-12 20:11

    95% Medicare advantage plans BS.

  24. #24CM19952026-01-12 20:18

    The "I have a $150,000 credit line secured for you" ****. They even get snippy - "We've contacted you several times and would appreciate a response". LMAO.

  25. #25smifwal2026-01-12 20:20

    They are getting more clever lately,apart form 1/2 dozen I get from out of state numbers they have started using local numbers I have even got some from the prefix of my small home town

  26. #26CM19952026-01-12 20:21

    Oh yeah I get those as well. Comes in on a local number but the VM is another state.

  27. #27smifwal2026-01-14 20:16

    They normally hang up with in 4 seconds when I send them to voicemail. My voicemail message says" please don't leave a message,hang up and text me but if you can't text, feel free to leave a message. I don't get very many voicemails from people I actually know or potential clients. Once in a blue moon

  28. #28CM19952026-01-14 20:28

    VM is really an ancient way of communicating now a days. Not really worth the time to leave one.

  29. #29smifwal2026-01-14 21:07

    hey I left you a voicemail, yeah I saw that, what did you need? you didn't listen to it?

  30. #30materthegreater2026-01-14 22:14

    I don't like it when I miss a call and they don't leave a message. Texting is not very reliable around here. Sometimes a text won't be received for hours, and sometimes never shows up at all. Thankfully with RCS becoming more widespread it will notify if it doesn't go through.

  31. #31treemuncher2026-01-15 07:29

    I used to keep an air horn next to the phone for spammers when I had a land line. Talk in a low voice so they turn up their volume and then hit them with the horn directly on the mic! Waste my time and I will do my best to waste your hearing - fair is fair. I used to lose my voice about once a week screaming at either a telemarketer, "Take me off your ****ing list and do not ever call me again!", or Bilbo, my former shop cat when he got me pissed. Now, much of it is text trash. I am still fairly direct and respond to trash texts with, "**** Off!", before blocking their numbers. I still use the same old line for the telemarketers. I believe in being sincere and direct as to my wishes. Today's Android phones have really helped to keep much of the spam in check. The option to block and report spammers limits the usefulness of their numbers to a matter of hours or days for those with this option.