It hasn't been on Friday's at 10... Discovery's website still has a section about the show, but nothing in the scheadule... Anyone know what happened????
What I heard was they were only gonna do 10 shows to start with to see how people would like it , I have also heard that it was a giant success so discovery signed them to do a whole season , I wish it was still on
Like to see a show on North American Loggers in the spruce swamps, My dad use to hire pieace cutters to cut wood in 8ft lengths , then hauled to landing with a D2 cat and a short wood skidder. We use all cut to length machines now..
I put a similar post on another site and got this reply: "I emailed Discovery and asked them why it wasn't on and this is there reply: Dear Viewer, Thank you for contacting Discovery Communications. We appreciate your interest in our programming. American Loggers is currently resting on our schedule. For other programming and schedule information, please visit our website at www.discovery.com , choose the appropriate network, then click on TV Schedule. Our schedules are published for the current and following month.If you are not able to locate the programming you are looking for, we recommend checking back periodically to see if it has been added to thecurrent schedule. For your convenience, use the "My Discovery" feature on our website toreceive e-mail reminders letting you know when your favorite program isgoing to be televised. If you have additionalquestions or comments, please go to our webform at http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations . Sincerely, Viewer RelationsDiscovery Communications"
They may be filming some new episodes. if they do a full season it could be fall or spring before it comes out.
i love that show...was wondering the same thing...
Yeah, it sucks that it's not on. It just seems weird, they made a bunch of hype about it. We all got into it and then it just disappears..... ***??..
I heard it was a limited run of episodes. Hopefully they'll do some more. There's hundreds of other companies that they could also visit to see different techniques and equipment. I'm going to The Northern Logger Expo in Bangor next week, I'll see if any of the Pelletiers are there and ask them. They usually have some of their new equipment on display.
That would be awesome if you could talk to them and find out what happened. They sure seem like a nice family and a good outfit to work for.
I do hope they run the rest of the episodes it is really cool to see our part of the country on t.v. I've hauled woods equipment with our lowbed on the Golden Road this winter and and i will tell you those guys earn their money! My company does some winter road building and equipment moving, as well as digging out stuck equipment with our excavators for a woods company. Makes me appreciate doing earthwork after a day in the woods!
I've never seen American Loggers, hopefully its not like the other logging show where everyone is a crying little B*%@!. I cant stand how the crew leader have all turned into whining babies.
I agree, I liked the show it wasnt overly drmaatic like ax men
We just it here for the first tonight! Good show!
Yep I enjoyed it too ,apart from watching them upend the wagons.
i loved this show man i never really stay up that late but i did every friday it was on
I see on the Discovery Channel website they are going to re-air the shows on May 16th starting at 5:00p.m and run them all evening. Maybe this will be a start to air the remaining episodes.
So when is it goning to be on?
Good show, wish it was back on with new shows
That's funny - I'm watching it right now, and it's been on for a while. Marathon I guess - maybe it's all old shows? Saturday night on Discovery... started at 7
Yea that's old. The new ones were on Friday nights
Hope so...
I was wondering the same thing, i thought american loggers was awesome. Too bad
Here is a news clip I just saw in the papers.Ron G http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/107500.html
Interesting.... Thanks for the link Ron.
anyone elsse see that Discovery is going back to the swamp loggers too, Airs Monday June 14th at 10pm I believe.
New episodes air January 2010. They are still up here filming and will be for another 2 years, so that is at least 2 more seasons to come.
Yahoo at least I'll have something else to record and watch at my leisure.
They aired a few of them the other day, DVR recorded them. I think its funny when the guys are talking in French and nothing gets beeped out. That French is my first language.