Trying to look smart on another forum so does anyone know what this tool is used for, thinking it is something only used in colder climates from the person who posted it. Someone guessed it was for tire chains but was told NO!
That looks like a tool they have where I work. It attaches to a combination wrench giving a lot more leverage.
Slack adjuster tester ?
mekanik got it. Pretty much a tool to replace "double wrenching". Seen similar ones for sale at the local TSC.
I've got a couple of sizes of this one. https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...86272ab42d3e14fd2d5a4b6857048e47&gclsrc=3p.ds
Well what kind of threw me was the person who posted the picture said: "You might have spent time as a mechanic in the great white north if you know what this is!" Like rust and muddy conditions are exclusive to the "snow country?" Usually around here when a normal wrench won't do a hot wrench is the next step AKA the "Blue Tip wrench"!
I have no idea what that is, but I bet it's not a wrench Doubler. Bob
yup, I agree wrench extender. I am with you on the Blue wrench.
Works well on open end ring spanners( wrenchs) .
aka wrench breaker.
I don't know why a wrench extender is exclusive to the great white north, as far as I know they are used anywhere there are tight bolts or hoses you can't get a socket on!
Well kiss my donkey, I've never seen one like that ,it fits on the head, looks like it would only fit smaller wrenches and about 13" long. All the ones I've seen or built had opposing hooks that fit the side of shaft of the wrench and could be slid up or down . The longest one I built was 4 ft. and had a shackle on the end to use my truck crane on. Bob
When I worked on ag trucks the fertilizer would destroy nuts and bolts in no time, painted or not. Fastest way was burn them off. Saved wearing out air guns and sockets and your wrists. Keeping a vast stock of fasteners of all types was just part of it.
Yup. A scarfing, or rivet washing tip is your friend in these type instances.
I'm kinda surprised to see someone is selling something like that for that purpose, to exceed the design strength of another product. We've all done it but I think we all hold our breath while we are. I can see this company being the target of lawsuits.
I'm usually just yelling at one of the guys we need a bigger pipe, this one doesn't fit over the 1 1/4" wrench lol.
Pipe????? I use a tractor PTO shaft myself. It's triangular shaped and fits a wrench on either the open, or the box end quite nicely. You get the wrench in two corners of the shaft and it's a lot more stable than a round pipe. Explodes box end wrenches pretty easily too.....
Huh. I have a home built version from a piece of square tubing and 2 chain links with the ends cut off. I thought I invented it. So much for swimming pools and movie stars for me.
Management where I worked got real fussy about using the pipe on wrench methods. So just had to look both ways before doing it! Same thing with wrenches made out of flat stock to work in special places. Strange thing is no one seemed to get upset if you used a 16:1 torque multiplier on a socket but don't put a 2 foot extension on a 3/4 drive ratchet!
My concern about the tool in the photo is the hook at the end suddenly snapping off. Never worked anywhere that actually cared about what I did with my own tools. Only comments were when a company tool got broke or someone got hurt doing something stupid. Most of my cheating was with the closed end of another wrench locked into the open end of the wrench turning the bolt. I did learn to wear welding gloves when doing that.
The one in the picture doesn't look like it would put up with much abuse and doesn't look like it with fit over so of the larger size spanners. Can't go wrong with a big pipe
Strange my snap on dealer does not offer this lol
The one we have came out of the Snap-On truck although its not made by Snap-On.
If you ask him for a wrench extender he will sell you one, might not have it on the truck but they are not hard to get.
Aluminum conduit. There are a couple of sizes in the service truck. My fancy wrench extenders won't fit a pipe wrench.
Or a chain wrench or the jumbo southern socket set lol.
It’s a lever tool ,a b size . So if you don’t know what it is ,lever B