Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What to charge for a mini with hammer?

Nac ยท 2004-10-24 11:36

I was woundering what to charge for my Komatsu pc45 with a 900 ft/pd class hammer. I charge $500 a day for the machine alone Im thinking $1,000 a day with the hammer. It is a $13,000 dollar attachment. Any sugestion would be appricated.

Replies9
  1. #1BKrois2004-10-24 17:43

    I think people around here probably get $80-100 an hour for a mini, not 100% sure, but $500 a day sounds cheap. I'd try to get atleast $75 an hour for the machine alone. $1000 for the day based on an 8 hour work day comes out to $125 an hour for the machine w/ a hammer. That seems like a good rate if you can get it.

  2. #2cat3202004-10-24 20:15

    I was on a job a few years ago and the guy who did some hammer work said the charge was $110 and hour so I think it would be more now and I think his machine was a PC60.

  3. #3crazycajun2007-07-01 20:22

    i agree with the $1000 per day... thats what people are getting around here

  4. #4Squizzy246B2007-07-02 07:13

    CrazyCajun, this thread was over 2 1/2 years dormant before you posted but: We charge $25/hour above the machine rate for the hammer. That seems to be pretty common in my parts.

  5. #5richardcatdaddy2007-07-04 18:04

    subject We get $125 an hour for a mini and $175 an hour for a back hoe with hammer.So you should be able to that pretty easy.:usa

  6. #6Mack2007-07-04 18:34

    We get $100hr for a Cat 304 without any atchments.

  7. #7rino14942007-07-04 22:11

    I would say that is too cheap, even for a mini-ex. For a mid size hoe, we charge $100 more than the normal rate.

  8. #8Squizzy246B2007-07-05 07:15

    I'm with you on that...we tend to follow (approximatley) the rates of the bigger hire mobs....thats what drives our market.

  9. #9artherd2007-07-14 01:06

    In that class, I charge $125/hr for the machine, and $50/hr for the hammer. (plus a 9% fuel surcharge on all, as is the norm.) Hammers kill both machines and themselves pretty quickly.