Finally got an owner manual for my 500c IH dozer. Changing all filters and oils. The manual is not real specific on the oil in hydro,trans resevoirs. All it says is I.H. Hy-Tran Fluid and nothing more.What type does that mean and what type can I use . Dave
you can get hytran compatible hydraulic fluid from tractor supply or napa. at napa. just read the back of the bottle and it'll say hytran compatible.
Hy tran is a specific fluid, if you're not worried about paying a little more go to your Case dealer and get the Hy tran. Or look for a universal tractor fluid (transmission/hydraulic fluid) that meets Hy tran specs. Don't use 303 unless it's for flushing.
I'm with Delmer , use the Hy-tran in the trans. I use NAPA fluid in the hydraulics. I think the Hy-tran has additives to prolong clutch life.
Hytran is a hydraulic oil with a friction modifier additive for wet clutches/brakes. Any decent Universal tractor fluid at the appropriate viscosity will work.