Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What value would this machine be?

Vetech63 · 2019-12-04 07:42

Too make a long story short, 1 of my long time customers died about 3 weeks ago and the family is going to dissolve their business. I was asked by his son to look at the equipment and give him a possible dollar figure on what they may be worth so they can put them up for sale. This is not really my forte but I would like to help the family out if I can. I am supplying pics of the machine here below and have only done a brief inspection. below is what I have found so far...…. 1. All cylinders on the backhoe end are leaking oil with the exception of the right outrigger cylinder. Not spewing by any means, but leaks none the less. 2. Some type of strange add on heater placed on the right side of the steering column console. It looks as if it would do absolutely nothing for the operator. 3. Sheet metal is super straight. Pins and bushings are reasonable tight. at least 10 hoses are weather fractured and need replaced. 4. Engine starts right up, hydraulics work smoothe, and transmission seems to be ok in all ranges. Haven't found any other leaks but it hasn't been run long. My question is......what do you guys think would be a fair price for this machine as is? This is something I could use on my land here and I am tempted to make an offer, but I do want to be fair about it. If this needs moved to a different forum, please feel free to do so. I wasn't sure where to exactly put this.

Replies7
  1. #1Vetech632019-12-04 07:43
  2. #2Vetech632019-12-04 07:46
  3. #3Mobiltech2019-12-04 08:12

    Ritchie bros past auctions shows about 10 to 12000 usd. Depends on how tight it is.

  4. #4AzIron2019-12-04 21:12

    Those were pretty good machines in there time still good today really I wouldn't give more than 10 grand seen a b series with 4 wheel drive and an e stick they wanted 12 for it sat for a long time I think you could move it at 8000

  5. #5Junkyard2019-12-04 21:16

    You should have it delivered to claremore I’m thinking close to the other suggestions. $8500-9000. Seems like nobody wants a 2wd machine. If that’s true hours it’s seen some work in it’s day. What else are they getting rid of?

  6. #6check2019-12-04 21:28

    Around here in Western Montana it would be gone in a week at 12K.

  7. #7John C.2019-12-04 22:45

    Average auction for a two wheel drive that I get is $10,800 and change. Retail average asking shows almost $15K. Thirty percent markup puts that at $10,500. I would suggest figuring the amount of money you would need to put into the machine to make it dependable for working right away and deduct that from average auction for a reasonable offer. Keep in mind that sending the machine to auction would have get ready and transportation costs associated with that $10,800. Also values can very well be location specific. You just won't find a way to quantify that very often.