I am doing some equipment swapping and one of the casualties is that I am probably going to lose the narrow (18 inch? or maybe it is 24 inch) bucket for my 210 class excavators. This is what I have been cutting roots and getting big trees down with on right-of-way clearing. Now I'm going to try to do this task with a JD350D, which will be great for the extra weight and power (I think), but I'm thinking that big ol' two and a half yard bucket will not be suited for the job. Is there a very narrow bucket available for these 350 machines? The narrow bucket on my 210 gums up with mud in wet conditions, but I sure like it for cutting those roots quickly. When the clearing is done, I put the 42 or 48 on for excavation or loading trucks.
We get ours custom made by a local Fab shop. Any size you want. Depending on the shop, and availability of side plates, and shanks, it takes about a week and a half to get it. The ditching bucket for our 350 was on an 892, and a 330 before. We just changed the quick attach ears.