Whatcha drinking? Water, sports drinks, what? Water dose not always cut nor dose the Gatorade. Sometimes at the end of the day or when I get home it’s ;like I cant get enough water. So what are you all drinking and how do you cure this feeling.:drinkup :drinkup :drinkup :drinkup :drinkup To hot for beer and I can’t drink it any way due to a medical condition. Dang gout. But the smiley looks good right now.
Well I am prone to Tomato Juice. V8 is the best stuff in my opinion. Its not because I am sad. I Just like the stuff and it's very good for you. Very addictive. Any Bloody Mary recipes lads? I like them Spicy and very alcoholic. Ross
Water, water, more water. When it's hot I drink 1-1/2 to 2 gallons during the day. I'm not usually more than 10 feet from my water bottle. I am ordering a camelback type system for Atv racing and intend to use it while running equipment, since it has a tube and bite valve instead of stopping to take a drink. The 2 days before I race, I try to do light work and drink around 3 gallons. I noticed a big difference compared to last year when I didn't get enough to drink and did a 2 hour race. I used to be completely wiped out and slept the whole way home and this year I have even been able to help drive after a long race. I would assume that staying well hydrated as opposed to simply wetting your mouth on occasion would yield similar results in awareness while running equipment.
Truckie; My mother used to get the gout often. Her favorite home remedy was to drink 100% cherry juice. :drinkup
Ice cold lemonade is the best in the summer, along with an ice cream. ha ha
Water at work tea at home I did take tea to work, but you should see the scum that would grow in the cooler.:beatsme
I have two gallon thermos jugs of water for each employee and usually a full day will drain them all. I have also found that a cold towel on my head, during a break seems to make a lot of difference. After a really hard day there is temptation to have a cold beer, but I don't think that benefits you. The fridge at the shop has cold gatorades and soft drinks, maybe not the best for you but gives you some flavor as you unwind.
I'm also a big water fan, when I'm really hot I usually eat something too, like a few crackers or maybe a bite from a sandwhich...don't know why it helps but it does.
after work i go home crank up the A/C and drink water. And as soon as i start to get comfy all i hear is beep, beep, beep,beep,beep....................The fire pager goes off.
I drink water when I work and have a beer or two when I get home. For some reason 1 to 2 beers does it for me just fine. Cat420, you are on to something with the pre-hydration when racing. I have raced for most of my life (off road, motorcycles and mountain bikes) and hydration is the key to endurance. When you start to feel thirsty, it is too late to catch up if you are racing. Once thirst starts, your muscles become deprived and you start to fade. If output is high, you can't get caught up enough in a race. Racing mountain bikes was probably the toughest when it came to keeping hydrated. Lots of water before the race (and no coffee or other diaretics) and lots of water early on in the race before I actually felt thirsty.
I used to carry a five gallon cooler full of ice and water. I filled it at the start of each day and had it empty by the end of the day. I always found that worked the best for me. Brian
Water for me, I dont like gatorade.
I have a jug of water in cab of everything I operate and carry cooler in my truck. I had serious kidney stones couple years ago don't want to go there again, I try to drink as much water as possible. At home we drink decaffeinated tea because it is not a diuretic. Know about the beer gout thing also, love beer :drinkup but can't drink much, but cherry juice does work for gout.
Yes indeed plenty of cherries and cherry juice dose the truck here and for something different some figs or fig nutens. The one thing I hate about water in a water cooler you carry is after a while the water takes on a funny taste I cant stand that;. I have washed and re washed the water jug to no avail. Anyone else have the same problem?
Yes I have, and the only thing that seams to cure it is washing/scrubing it in baking soda. This clears up the odor and taste all at once but be sure to rinse it well.
Water, water, and water Zero calories and zero sugar
Water for me too (a couple gallons a day), although I do enjoy the occasional Coke.
I get the gout and I now drink a glass of Cran-apple juice everyday. Keeps the kidneys cleaned out. Haven't had a flairup in 6 months.
Where have all the machine drivers gone !!! After a hard day at the controls I need a nice ice cold beer (Becks) is my favourite at the moment!! Seriously though it's water for me during the day:drinkup
I usually work down 2-3 gallons of water a day. It's hot out here, typically 90 degrees + on a summer day. I remember working in 108 degree temperatures last summer. Not as bad as Arizona by any means, but it was cookin. Hard on the machines when it's that hot too.
Wow thats Hot!! Keep drinkin that water Cascade!! Must be tough on men & machines, Never a problem here in England, although if we have a week of warm weather here the water companys panic and issue a hosepipe ban :Banghead
96 outside--72 inside-- A cool Kokanee in hand!
It's definitly Water:notworthy Dehydration can be very bad and can creep up on you without warning. Back in the day the bigger companies used to have a salt tablet despenser and short term they would work, but long term your system will need to dump the sodium and that would make the dehydration worse so they put a stop to that. I was on a jobsite a few years back and they had some dehydration tablets which consisted of small amounts of sodium but also had the potassium to go with it so your blood and heart will stay regulated. A little bit of gatorade is cool but what is needed is WATER!! Have you ever noticed on a very hot day, especially running screed or paving equipment, you can drink 3 gallons of water and only pee once!:beatsme :beatsme
i carry a camelback with me at work, it seems to work pretty good
We has a rather long waterline to our building, and the water tastes like ****. It is standing to long in the pipes before it gets out. The construction company also made the cold pipes run to close to the hot water lines, so thats also a reason for the bad water. You got to have the taps running for 5 min before it gets drinkable.:Banghead Luckily we bought a waterdispenser with CO2 dispenser, filters and a cooling unit. We connected it to the pipe and now the water is drinkable. I use to mix a part of sprinkling with cold water. I am not so fond of water after the mission to Iraq. Down there we had to drink 10-15 liters pr day(2.2 gallon to 3.3 gallon) That means you drink continualy through the day. It got tasteless and difficult to motivate drinking it. I ended up mixing it with a little gatorade powder to get another taste on it. But you need to be very carefull with the cleaning of the camelback, when adding things to the water. Camelback is strongly recomended to all of you guy's.