hey guys, I have been running a case 580 super L for a guy. He charges me hourly for the machine and then i can go charge whatever on top of that rate for the jobs that i do. he wants to sell the machine to me now. it has 25% tires but only 1750 hours on it. Its in pretty good condition and alot of life left. No a/c but does have heat. what do you think it is worth? i was going to offer him $30,000 for it. Do you think that is a good price?
What year model? Do you know if you have been the only operator? You can do some comparisons based on year model and things: machinerytrader.com equipmenttraderonline.com
580 super L its a 1999 i know my cousin ran it a while. it took some abuse but ive ran it for the last 600 hours or so and it runs fine. I was told to do a search for the auction results and then machines for sale on machinerytrader.com. Once i get prices from both results, choose a price in between and that usually tells you what the machine is worth. Is this a good way to approach this?
Yes, there will be some High and some Low prices seen. I depends on the condition of the machine in question and of course how badly they want it sold. I would look at several sources because the prices vary too between the different sites.
well $30 sounds kinda on the low side to me for a '99 SL but if it 2wd and does not have an E-hoe that probably is close in price or to high.I would go to www.machinerytrader.com and compare priceing .
We just passed up a 4WD 580 super L with ext. hoe and aux. hyd and 2,500 hrs for $23,000. We should have bought it.
Just sold our 98 580 Super L series 2 with 2600 hours for $32000 and it had fairly new tires and was in great condition. Well we actually traded it in but my dads buddy bought it so they just sold it to him for what they gave us for it.
started low well i offered $30,000 for it. I am still waiting for him to call back and see what he decided. I would pay alittle more for it I just figured i would start out low on the bid. So i guess now its just a waiting game. I wish i had a chance to buy the one for $23,000! that was a steal!
What year was that one Rino?