Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

whats a good 24hp mini

Carolina start up ยท 2021-03-13 20:17

so as i keep my business going this year and pay off stuff i look into where i wanna expand my company in a few years. with that being said i want a machine for my house because i got projects and a shovel anit as much fun as it use to be when i was a kid. so my question comes down to between cat, Kubota, takeuchi, Deere, and yammer which would be the 303, kx91, 235, 35, and also 35 with all dealers about an hour away minus Kubota but their service is god awful so id go with another dealer. for all those what do yall think would go good for a lawn care company but also be good for some small land clearing and adding a brush cutter and digging ditchs. im going used on anything i buy however if a good price comes up for a bigger machine im more the willing to go bigger.

Replies2
  1. #1CM19952021-03-13 20:33

    I've been kicking around buying a used mini for an upcoming house build and to reduce rental fees when we need one which is not that often. A Cat 303.5 would be my choice as it's easy to transport, parts and service are readily available here with my dealer and I'm a Cat guy. I don't need a mini to do anything more than tote a bucket and a hydraulic thumb so I don't know the hydro flows required to run a brush cutter.

  2. #2Carolina start up2021-03-13 20:38

    I've seen some people in groups have them on theirs and I'm kind of amazed you don't already have a small mini. I like the cats just never dealt with the dealer since I've never bought a piece of equipment like that.