Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Whats it worth

JasonDunn ยท 2010-04-08 00:08

Whats a 1982 Ford 455 backhoe no major leaks good condition slick tires worth ?

Replies11
  1. #1flyingfrog5092010-04-08 01:16

    Not sure. I've been looking at some online place like: http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...eywords=&txtStates=&LS=&SO=2&btnSearch=Search (happens to be a search for the Ford 455) but there are no good compares. Sorry that really isn't any help. The majority of what I've got down in my area are Case 380x & Ford 555a/b/c so that is all I've done any real looking.

  2. #2flyingfrog5092010-04-08 01:18

    Searching craigslist is easier with http://www.searchtempest.com/ it spans across multiple craigslist domains and helps with location with in xxx miles of your zip.

  3. #3Phil2010-04-08 06:22

    If it were here, one might just get $9,500 for it in the spring. However without a cab, here I would guess less, maybe $8-$9K. It is a Ford, always out of favor for some reason, not like a Case. I'm not sure of the winters in Arkansas, so a cab may be important. Also prices are down south of the border, but fortunately a cheap hoe is something many want. The tires are not a big thing on a machine that cheap, as long as they are sound, no cracks. Always post your price up at least $500 more than you will take for it and be reluctant to come down. A buyer needs a good reason why you are selling it, show him the pond you finally finished, not the new car your wife just bought. Keep the buckets rust free, keep using the machine. Buyers are a bit fussy on brakes, so try and get them working. Phil

  4. #4JasonDunn2010-04-08 13:03

    Thanks guys this is a hoe for sale in my area thinking about buying it.

  5. #5daman2010-04-08 19:20

    If there's nothing major wrong with it i'd say 7-$8000 around here

  6. #6Willis Bushogin2010-04-08 20:36

    backhoe price It would have to be in real good condition, for me to pay more than $6000. It is a old machine and with that comes problems. I would think it has a lot of wear issues Good Luck

  7. #7daman2010-04-08 21:23

    Right in good clean condition not all welded up. and not all old units are wore out,i picked up my '75 ford TLB with only 2200 hrs on it, reasonably tight still.

  8. #8Phil2010-04-09 07:13

    Jason, Seemed to think you were selling it . Take your time and look around. I won't buy an International or older JD anymore. I'm quite hesitant on any ** unit, Ford I will look at, NH I've been told to stay away from the early models, doesn't leave much left. I tend to side with what Willis has said. Just the rear tires will set you back $12-$1500. If you like the machine, try it out by digging and using the loader to move dirt around. Try to take someone knowledgeable with you, for advice. Phil

  9. #9JasonDunn2010-04-09 14:08

    All sound advice I was hoping someone would say what models and type to stay away from seems case 580 is the way to go.

  10. #10daman2010-04-09 14:34

    There all going to have there good and bad days,ive spent allot of time on FORDs worked them hard and there the way to go IMO,stronger hyd, better built. but like all heavy equipment one needs to look it over very well test drive it,work it. ford is my recommendation

  11. #11John C.2010-04-09 23:32

    A two wheel drive unit in this area might get $6,000 from a fish out of water. Old four wheel drives will consistently get $9,000 to $15,000 if a Cat, Deere or Case.