I was planning to buy a M318 wheeled excavator in Germany. To my surprise a representative of the local dealer told me that in that country wheeled excavators don't usually have stabilizers. I have seen that in US and Latin American they have front and rear stabilizers. How would this absence affect the performance of the wheeled excavator?
Good day fcf1320 A wheeled machine has considerably less stability across carriage than a crawler machine. With stabilisers lowered a wheeled machine in many cases has almost as good stability across carriage to that when the superstructure is along carriage. Working without stabilisers would affect reach and capacity. If you require more details drop a line to [email protected] Kind regards Uffex
Why not get the machine with stabilisers? Then it is your option whether it is advantageous to use them.
Stabilisers I can take or leave, but a blade increases flexibility quite a lot, as well as giving a bit of protection to the tyres when digging.