Anyone know what the loader on the right is? I am thinking dresser
I doesn't look somewhat International but I'm thinking it might be an old Trojan.
I can make out on the counterweight the first letter as a T If it is a Trogan I am thinking a 7500
Sorry for the bad quality but heres another pic
From the back I would say a trojan also
Definitely a Hough, not sure which model though.
It is a Trojan built by Eaton,Yale and Towne.It is the 4000 model with an 8v53 Detroit in it.Look at the top right hand side of the engine nacelle and you will see the twin exhaust pipes,balogna cut as they exit the muffler.I ran one identical to it for years.Yeh,they sound good .Ron G
That's definitely a Trojan, no doubt about it in my mind.
Thanks for the help guys! I am pretty sure the first one I posted is a trogan and the 2nd one might be a Hough
Second unit is also a Trojan. Hough invented the Z bar bucket tilting linkage. The linkage in the second photo is Cat style.
I don't think it is a Cat because of the articulation design. The cab is part of the front super structure
That second picture is a little blurry but it looks like a single tilt cylinder attached to a horizontal bar that connects to two tilt linkages. If so, it's probably a Lorain. Here's a picture of a Lorain loader I found in MachineryTrader. http://www.machinerytrader.com/images/Machinery/fullsize/70031464.jpg
Heres a better pic, sorry for the bad quality but these pictures are taken from a video. The other linkage you see might be of the other loader in the back. this loader has a z-bar
Now I see what is going on. The machine behind the first had the linkages up. I see the single cylinder now. It could be a Hough but I don't have any perspective to judge size. It could be a H90 or H100 or it could be a Trojan. They looked pretty similar. Did you take the photos from a distance or looking through a fence?
Here's a Hough H90C.
Trojan 4000, couldn’t find any of the 8000.
Thank you all for the help guys. I think the first picture is the Trogan 4000 but in my pic the 2 exhaust ports come out the ride side of the machine and in the picture above they come out of the top. I put my money it's a trogan 4000 though. With the second picture, the machine was 1 loader away then the Trogan 4000 and it was slighty larger then the 4000. I am pretty sure it is a Hough but I think it is in the 100 series I took the first pic over a year ago and the 2nd and 3rd last week
does anyone know the horsepower of cat 3204 3114 3014 3110 model engines. due to california sucking, all this retrofit stuff is driving me nuts.
Just a guess but the muffler on the one I ran did not quiet the engine down as much as some would have liked.That may have been a later,quieter model .It looks like the same engine as near as I can tell.Ron G
Wheel loader size capacity for 10000 lbs, shipping container :Banghead:BangheadHello everyone, I can not post a new thread yet so I appologise if I ask this question in the wrong place. I am wondering if anyone knows what is the smallest size wheel loader that can lift 10000 lbs with forks. I need to be able to lift empty 40 foot shipping containers. I do have a forklift, but do not lift them enough to have it just for the containers. A wheel loader would be much more useful to me. ANy suggestions. Thanks Bryon
i have a fiat hitachi wheel loader W270 year 1998. the boom and bucket are very slow and sometime they don't move even when moving joystick in both direction. and i have a pressure warning light on the monitor panel. need your help.
Blimey Chris5500 ! (page 1 of this topic) How many litres of paint went on that yellow beast? I'm painting our Hough 65C (1st part get the top coat yellow today) and the cost and more especially the TIME taken to prepare the ol' girl is going to be HORRENDOUS !!! It must have taken you or who ever did the great lookin' paint job a massive number of hours to get it looking like this. It seems a small bucket for the size of the machine! Ours has a 3 cubic metre. This looks only about 2 ???!!! I wonder why. Thanks for the photos. Cheers
The second machine in the second photo set is likely a Cat. It has the Cat three pane front window setup.
Joe I hate to disagree, but I think it is the same Fat Allis from the first picture.
anybody know anything about steering problems in a old trojan straight frame rear steer
That blue and white machine is likely a Hough as the articulation is backwards like the Case loaders.I don't know what those guys were thinking but running them is a PIA.I still think about that Trojan 4000 with 8/53 in it with the side pipes on it.Wow,we had that machine for at least 10 years and it was still a joy to listen to.There was one for sale on ebay recently but it is gone now.Ron G
Really old post
Was going to reply to this, but I see it's 4+ years old -
What is wrong with the post being 4 years old?If one were to do a search and this post was to appear as a result of that search is it now off limits to share your input with others about its contents?Is there some law saying that you must read it if there is nothing in it that might be interesting to you?What if you did not have access to the internet and you were reading old posts to see what you might have missed?Ron G
Ron, the guy asked about his steering, 4 years ago - Pretty vague question too.
The only straight frame Trojan I ever ran was an 254 back in the mid 60s and we did not have any steering issues with it Mike so I did not have anything to offer but the problems that the straight frame loaders had back then was with the ball and socket,the ball part had to be welded back sometimes.I imagine that by now you could expect almost anything to break on them,they probably have not made one for 40 years.LOL.I was in a rehab for most of 2012-2013 and half of 2014 with very poor wifi so did not really have access to the board so I put things on the back burner until I got home in June of last year and when I get the fever I do scope out the old posts and sometimes am motivated to reply hoping that someone will comment on something that they might have missed as well,sorry if I have offended anyone.Ron G
Ron, keep posting, sometimes when these old posts get bumped I find something I am interested in.
That's one of the reasons that I reply to these old threads sometimes,there are probably not too many people here that have run a 254 Trojan and it was not too old at the time either...lol.You can see the tail end of it there.Ron G