Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

wheel motor removal 7753

XTATT ยท 2014-11-18 06:24

hello all I have a 7753 noticed after it sitting for a month or so slow movement on lift arm and bucket little choppy as well pulled front plug from chain case and excess oil comin out so I take it I have a leak at hydro motors somewhere so is there any pics or a write up about removal and tear down I don't have a manual but totally mechanically inclined so doing the job isn't a problem any tips or pointers would be great of course fighting time as its winter now and getting colder and snow is coming

Replies6
  1. #1XTATT2014-11-19 05:11

    so no one has taken these apart???

  2. #2crewchief8882014-11-19 20:23

    3 hoses, 4 bolts on each drive motor seals are in the carrier :drinkup

  3. #3jshughes2014-11-19 21:00

    I havent and i dont know bobcats. I have a JohnDeere. But i had a similar problem and had the drive motor/ brake replaced but only because the leakage into the chain case and then onto the ground increased to a steady stream. i dont get how the motor leak into the chain case relates to the arm and bucket movement, unless the fluid reservoir is so low the pump is starving, but i dont know BCs. i suggest you fill the fluid reservoir and verify the leak into the chain case and determine the rate. On my JD the fluid filled up the chain case and overflowed the breather cap. i pumped out 10 gals of fluid from the chain case, measured the depth of the remainder with a dipstick, and then ran the motor for three minutes. i measured again. I verified that the fluid was coming from the parking brake and that it was filling up too fast to just regularly add fluid. I'd been doing that for nearly two years, if filling the reservoir relieves the arm/ bucket issue, and the leak into the chain case is slow, i recommend you think about adding fluid as needed every day until you cant stand it any more. crewchief is a better advisor good luck, joe

  4. #4XTATT2014-11-19 21:21

    I hear ya it worked fine till now bought it last winter used it 3-4 times end of winter and couple times in summer just sits most of the time I changed the oil and filter and fuel filter but left the hydraulic filter

  5. #5XTATT2014-11-19 21:23

    thanks

  6. #6crewchief8882014-11-20 15:58

    refill the hyd tank, and check your lift and tilt functions. if the tank is completely empty, then you will have lift chattering/surging if the motor seals are leaking, they wont fix themselves, it's only going to get worse as time goes by. :drinkup