Got a 89 gmc 7000 out of the blue it has started shaking like crazy after you've hit some bumps in the road... could my dayton wheel have been on crooked enough to cause the shaking?
I had a truck that started doing that, not a GMC but... anyway in my case there was a steering dampener on the tie rod, looked like a shock absorber. It had leaked out all it's fluid. Replaced it, back to normal just the occaisional wobble until it dampened out. Eventually put new tires on it and the problem went away completely. Don't know if your truck has one or not but I would start there and then maybe have a tire shop try spin balancing your front tires?
Tie rod end are probably loose coupled with tires that are wearing uneven.
This truck doesn't have a stabilizer on it... The front end is extremely tight no slack except for where the power steering cylinder that helps turn is mounted to the frame... I had just put brakes and a caliper on the front and hoping I just had the wheels on cocked. If it does it again guess I'll get new tires
Sounds like you got it figured out. A cocked wheel would certainly be pulling uneven on the steering. Hope it doesn't come back.
I had an L9000 do that to me a lifetime ago. It was a broken center bolt in the left spring. It had a 6v53 Jimmy, and leaked so much oil on the front end, no one noticed the axle sliding for & aft. Especially when I went over some rough railroad tracks or washboard.