Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Roll’in Coal

Scrub Puller · 2014-07-20 21:16

Yair . . . I was sent a clip of an F truck idling at the lights, sounded like it was missing . . . and then he goosed it and smoked a little convertible in the next lane . . . not bloody funny and a case for justifiable homicide I reckon. Excuse my ignorance but what are the mechanical modifications that allow such over fuelling? Cheers.

Replies9
  1. #1diggindeep19872014-07-20 22:13

    A chip, it can give the truck up to a 120 extra hp, and it turns the fuel up.

  2. #2td25c2014-07-20 23:06

    That's my understanding as well diggindeep1987 . Scrub ...... I'm not sure what's up with the aggressive driving we see today ? That's what drag strips & tractor pulls are for . It's gotten to the point when we move equipment My Dad runs the Blocker / Jamb car behind me to keep these impaired drivers out of harms way On a good note , Dad likes the job and he's pretty good at it . LOL

  3. #3fixou8122014-07-21 01:22

    Be advised; Driver carries less than fifty £ of ammunition

  4. #4simonsrplant2014-07-21 22:46

    Was probably an old 7.3... The newer ones wouldn't do that, they have already got their work cut out being broken down!...

  5. #5Scrub Puller2014-07-22 05:36

    Yair . . . Okay fellers got that, thanks for replies. As I see it to make that amount of smoke (at standstill) the truck must be auto and stalled out on the converter . . . are folks that crazy . . . really? Cheers.

  6. #6kshansen2014-07-22 09:26

    Simple answer is YES! Same kind of guys who have to have the loudest Harley to set off car alarms, and I ride a couple Harleys! Factory stock exhaust on both. Would seriously consider after market if they made a high flow low noise system, but then they would only sell one or two a year!

  7. #702Dmax2014-07-22 10:52

    Guys like that are becoming a real problem here in the states. Not only do they give a bad rep to guys like me who enjoy a good running truck but still drive responsibly, but in some cases they've actually caused injury crashes. Couple months ago I was at a pull/race in southern Kentucky, after the pull a couple idiots decided to take off racing down the interstate and blew enough smoke that it blacked out 3 lanes and 3 uninvolved cars crashed and sent 6 people to the hospital.

  8. #8bigbob2014-07-22 17:47

    Thank you for keeping your exhaust stock. There is no reason to make all that noise and the cops look the other way. if I modified my ATV or Snowmobile exhaust, the trout troopers would lock me up for pissing people off in the woods!

  9. #9gkenworth2014-07-22 23:45

    My 06 6.0L will if I crank up the chip. (yes I know it has issues. But it's been carefully maintained, & so far it's trouble free.)