Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wheeled excavator trailer

Irish in oz ยท 2025-11-28 10:52

Hi, just wondering has anybody here ever plumbed up a wheeled excavator to tip a trailer. Tipping cylinder is single acting. Can divert oil from blade/outrigger to tip it but lowering the trailer is the problem. Blade service is double acting and if i push lever the opposite way to lower trailer it loads up the machines hydraulics as the oil on other side of spool has nowhere to go. I have no spare wiring coming down through slip ring to fit an electric diverter under the machine. Hoping there is a solution. Hitachi zx150w

Replies5
  1. #1skyking12025-11-28 11:26

    I would fit an electric unit to the trailer and plug it in daily. That way it could be dumped or used without the Hitachi, and it is less complicated to use and plumb. You can get a remote for the switch.

  2. #2smifwal2025-11-28 12:27

    I agree with skyking1 my dump and gooseneck have electric over hydraulic, I have wireless remotes for both(KTI sells a kit)probably be more of a initial cost to go this route but if you ever needed to raise and lower when you didn't have the machine there or close by it would be worth it

  3. #3Tones2025-11-28 15:07

    To keep it even simpler use a Bluetooth remote control, saves the wiring headache.

  4. #4skyking12025-11-28 17:37

    That's what I had in mind.

  5. #5smifwal2025-11-28 17:50

    You still need to wire for power to the antenna and the receiver same as the KTI kit but I see they offer blue tooth. Other than the batteries bing different than anything I use I am not sure how much I would use the Bluetooth version