I need replacement front wheels for a JD 310KEP with MFWD. The wheel size is 16.5 x 9.75 x 8 and the tire size will be 12 x 16.5. I have searched the web and can't locate exact replacements so I am looking for help on potential alternatives. What other JD backhoe or tractor models use wheels that would work? Will JD skid steer 16.5 x 9.75 x 8 wheels work on the backhoe? The offset may be different and the center opening has to accommodate the MFWD hub but what else? Is the bolt pattern the same? Would the difference in offset cause steering interference issues?
You will need to watch your overall outside diameter, as the four wheel drive is geared for the stock tire size.
Yep--that's good advice that I intend to follow. I haven't made any headway in finding wheels from other John Deere products that will fit the 310K but I have determined that wheels off the 310G and earlier models will not fit 310J and later models because the flange (lug) nuts went from m18 to m22.
Having two threads asking the same questions create confusion and is discouraged to do on HEF. Did you happen to notice that those parts book pictures I posted in SHOP TALK are for your specific tractor ?? I found a dealer that has them for sale on the internet. $330.00 @ plus whatever else he would add on. I am posting the wheel part number again in case you think I am lying to you. Read the sentence at the top and you will see 310K EP backhoe loader. Click your cursor on the image to enlarge it for a better view.
Hey Tinkerer thanks for the help. You're right, I missed that on the Shop Talk forum. That's a lot less than I was quoted by our local JD dealer. I've got one used rim located within driving distance but I still may have to get the other from a dealer.
The John Deere online parts store has a verification process to determine if any part fits a particular machine before you can order it. Any dealer parts dept would/ should check if it fits your tractor before they would order it. Keep in mind it has to be for a 4 wheel drive tractor. The wheel below should be correct for a 310K EP. The wheel can be purchased at any John Deere agricultural dealer. This one is available to purchase 30 minutes from me.