Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JOHN DEERE 310se slow loader

Eric Martin · 2023-04-14 15:04

I am working on a 310se...the loader is very slow, but does lift if you accelarate. The backhoe seems to operate fine has power and is fast. The steering is also slow untill you accelate and then it works fine, so i put a pressure gauge on the lift cylinder and at an idle has about 500 when the lift spool is activated. i ran it up against and it builds up to 3500 revd out the whole way. I saw some other threads about this problem and so i checked the orfice in the priority spool as well here is the machine serial#T0310se884699

Replies52
  1. #1mg23612023-04-15 06:53

    You most likely have a bad loader system relief valve.

  2. #2Eric Martin2023-04-16 01:07

    Ok, I understand it has a two stage relief valve on the loader valve body….the only relief that I can find is the backhoe relief

  3. #3Eric Martin2023-04-16 01:11

    Here is a picture of the valve body….

  4. #4mg23612023-04-16 05:45

    Post a picture of the loader control valve.

  5. #5Eric Martin2023-04-16 10:39

    That is the top of the valve…I will get more tomorrow morning

  6. #6mg23612023-04-17 04:55

    Sorry, I did not look to closely at the picture. The loader relief is the one you are pointing at. That machine did not typically have the loader relief in that location for the loader.

  7. #7Eric Martin2023-04-17 08:37

    Well I played around with that relief and it appears only to affect the backhoe controls …..is the second stage missing?? For the loader??

  8. #8mg23612023-04-17 12:03

    Someone changed something.

  9. #9Diesel Dave2023-04-17 17:59

    Based on mg2361 parts breakdown above and your 2 pictures , the existing relief valve is incorrect and are also missing hose #5 .

  10. #10Eric Martin2023-04-17 22:31

    Hey thanks a lot guys….it seems like the whole priority valve section is a little different….someone must have changed that whole section out. I guess now I have to figure out is “if” and “how” the loader has a relief Or do you think an original two stage relief will work in that port There is no port, threads or opening for the relief as your diagram

  11. #11mg23612023-04-18 04:54

    That priority valve looks just like the priority valve from a backhoe control valve on later machines.

  12. #12Eric Martin2023-04-18 13:05

    Here I got it washed up and some better pictures

  13. #13Eric Martin2023-04-18 13:07

    It seems to me that the whole loader valve is changed

  14. #14Eric Martin2023-04-18 13:10

    I can only see the beginning and end of the part num

  15. #15mg23612023-04-19 05:48

    I did some digging. To answer the above question, no. Two stage reliefs were removed from production at serial number 870249 and above. So, I am still suspicious of your relief being the issue. At your serial number that relief in the pictures you posted is the relief for the whole machine. Please post a picture of your backhoe valve from the right rear corner of the machine.

  16. #16Eric Martin2023-04-19 10:05

    Backhoe valve pix

  17. #17mg23612023-04-20 05:00

    I just wanted to confirm your machine is a single relief machine, and I can see that it is from your pics. Was that 500 psi while the loader was moving, or dead headed at idle? If it was at idle/dead headed, then I still lean towards that relief, even with the backhoe seemingly working "OK". If you stall the backhoe bucket function at idle, does it only go to 500 psi like the loader? Or does it go right to 3500 psi (+/-)?

  18. #18Diesel Dave2023-04-20 09:32

    Having a second look at your latest loader control valve pictures , there is a relief valve in the boom section. Is it on the boom up side ?

  19. #19Eric Martin2023-04-20 21:41

    Yes there is a relief…..when I back that one out the loader starts to drift down….more like a check valve….I also switched with bucket relief and it’s the same…they are both turned in about the whole way if I back of a turn or two on the loader relief the loader starts to drift down

  20. #20Eric Martin2023-04-20 21:44

    500 psi is loader spool activated to lift position…basically 0psi when everything is in neutral……also the backhoe psi goes up at least t1500 at an idle mabey higher, I’d have to check again

  21. #21HeavyTech2023-04-21 19:34

    Did you check the basics "Engine rpms" ?? If for whatever reason the rpms are too low everything could function slower than normal as the pump needs to spin at a certain rpm to allow fluid to flow properly

  22. #22Eric Martin2023-04-21 22:18

    Engine sounds good and the tach seems to work….when I operate the backhoe it is easy to here the engine lugging down some when I use all the hydraulic power…but it doesn’t matter at what rpm’s or what movement with the loader it doesn’t lug the engine at all

  23. #23HeavyTech2023-04-21 22:42

    My apologies, I thought you said if you accelerate higher rpms the hydraulic works good was most likely reading someone else post not sure How many hours on your machine ? Have you ever had the hydraulic system serviced ?

  24. #24Eric Martin2023-04-21 22:51

    6,000 Yes filter and oil change There is not a sieve somewhere that would only affect the loader??

  25. #25HeavyTech2023-04-21 23:01

    So to clarify only the loader arms are not working ?

  26. #26Eric Martin2023-04-21 23:41

    Yes, loader arms and bucket low speed and no power

  27. #27HeavyTech2023-04-21 23:50

    Have you investigated the valves that operates those functions ? The last one I did blew a seal on the spool allowing the fluid to bypass back to tank causing very slow operations

  28. #28Eric Martin2023-04-27 18:13

    I pulled the spools out, and everything looks good. Which seals??

  29. #29Eric Martin2023-04-27 18:17

    My valve body does not have this port in the bottom for the pilot hose#5 either so I’m thinking the whole valve is not original….should I find a whole loader valve or just buy the reliefs on each section

  30. #30HeavyTech2023-04-27 18:27

    #5 & #7 #5 Was torn apart and #7 was very worn out fixed the issue with slow operation

  31. #31mg23612023-04-28 04:50

    At idle, controls in neutral, pressure at 0 psi, go right to a stall (loader bucket curl). What is the pressure (I don't want the cylinder moving pressure, just the stall). While holding the stall, go to full throttle, what is the pressure.

  32. #32Eric Martin2023-04-28 10:17

    is it alright to be tap right into the cylinder line though?

  33. #33Eric Martin2023-04-28 10:21

    This is the only other test port

  34. #34mg23612023-04-28 11:28

    That is the system pressure test port. That is the port you need to use.

  35. #35Eric Martin2023-04-28 13:20

    At idle, bucket curled the whole way to a stall 500psi At full throttle 3400 psi

  36. #36Eric Martin2023-04-28 13:23

    Loader up to a stall at idle 500psi At full throttle 3,300 psi

  37. #37Eric Martin2023-04-28 13:47

    I changed these two reliefs around with ones off the hoe……still the same

  38. #38Eric Martin2023-04-28 16:48

    I changed #5 and #7 for good measure

  39. #39mg23612023-04-29 05:54

    Your pressure readings indicate to me you have excessive leakage in the system. I think your leakage will be at the main system relief valve. So I would suggest replacing that. I also confirmed you control valve has been changed. It is a shame we can't make out the rest of that part number. Your original control valve serial number as listed in your machine's build codes is below. Below that is what I think is the part number for the relief valve.

  40. #40Diesel Dave2023-04-29 08:51

    With some process of elimination of the incomplete valve part number , I came up with AT300575 which originally was a 6 spool backhoe valve from a 310G. The relief valve part number mg2361 indicated above is good. Good job buddy !

  41. #41Eric Martin2023-04-29 13:19

    Thanks a lot guys I appreciate all your help I’m going to order that relief Anything else that would be good to change? I split down the the 3 sections just to make sure there is nothing visibly wrong inside. It all looks good. It will take a little to get that relief here and installed…I’ll leave you know what happens

  42. #42Eric Martin2023-05-01 11:27

    This the relief?

  43. #43mg23612023-05-01 11:53

    I think that is an incorrect picture. It should look like the one that is in there. Maybe @Diesel Dave Dave can shed some light on that?

  44. #44Diesel Dave2023-05-01 12:32

    Eric , your picture above is incorrect. See below from the Deere online parts catalog. .https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/64103/referrer/navigation/pgId/376764189 .

  45. #45Eric Martin2023-05-01 13:34

    ok i thought mabey it was different between new and old style

  46. #46Eric Martin2023-05-01 14:21

    not that i think it has anything to do with it...just a question. this pump has a relief on it and a destroke solenoid valve. does that relief work only when the solenoid destrokes the aux pump

  47. #47mg23612023-05-02 04:51

    That relief turns off the flow of the secondary pump when the backhoe pressure reaches approximately 3000 psi (with the seat facing the backhoe). The secondary pump is off by default in the loader position (seat facing the front). That pump is controlled, obviously from my text, by the seat position.

  48. #48Eric Martin2023-05-03 22:45

    Ok makes sense

  49. #49Eric Martin2023-05-03 22:52

    I got a new relief installed (that part number was super)and it is at least 50% better Stalled psi at an idle is close to 1000psi now…..and is a good bit faster when accelerated….still needs a little throttle to lift with the bucket full. Probably just wear throughout the whole valve?

  50. #50mg23612023-05-04 05:26

    You should be close to system pressure at idle. You still have either excessive leakage somewhere, or maybe an under performing hydraulic pump. Has anyone flow tested the hydraulic pump?I am not suggesting you run out and buy one, but it needs to be evaluated to rule it out. Has the hydraulic filter been cut open and inspected.

  51. #51Eric Martin2023-05-04 17:41

    OK, I i haven't looked at the pump becuase the mechanic before me did just that went out and bought the pump and it didnt make a difference. so i sortof put the pump out of the picture

  52. #52mg23612023-05-05 05:10

    If it is a new pump, then I would suspect leakage somewhere.