Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

when are you starting up?

curly ยท 2009-02-19 11:33

Well this is posed to the folk that have to shut down in winter. Around Sioux Falls it's looking like early April, what about your neck of the woods? If you didn't notice, I'm anxious to start working again!

Replies6
  1. #1oriden2009-02-19 23:27

    theres alot of companies up here that didnt shut down this year! but for the rest of them it looks like about the same here maby sooner

  2. #2EZ TRBO2009-02-20 06:20

    My uncle keeps records of everything, including what our last day was each year moving dirt and the first day back. Average starting date was always around the first week in April. New company I work for, be about the same maybe earlier if I'm down in the quarries on rock. Our crushing crew is working some right now, making tailings for the highway depts. Trbo

  3. #3Burnout2009-02-20 11:33

    Our company is keeping some people working. I have been fortunate to be kept working. Taking a couple weeks off for vacation, and it helps the work build up for when I get back. For the most part a lot of people are headed back to work around 1st of April. Most guys got laid off around the end of Nov.

  4. #4Turbo218352009-02-20 13:35

    Everyone around here usually waits until April 1. Thats usually when frost laws come off and things get rolling.

  5. #5T_S_S2009-02-22 22:28

    In Ontario, most people will work year round . Large earthworks would only be done if the project was pressed for time, otherwise at least mid to late april when the ground is dry enough to work.

  6. #6Preppypyro2009-02-23 13:01

    I think I will be starting up around the second week of april, give or take, all depends how much(if any) more of a freeze we will get up here.