Not sure what the typical lifespan is on a tracked skid steers undercarriage but the past few days haven't been fun OR cheap!... Front idler went yesterday.. Didn't want to wait the 5 days to have one shipped so I paid $435 at the local Bobcat dealer. Was using the machine today spreading stone and SLAM.... Bearings everywhere. There goes the other... What is the typical lifespan on these parts?....my wife is gonna have my head for sure! Anyone recommend a different company other than OEM parts? With how often this machine is used, these replacements should last forever.
Spreading stone,,,, that's the key word and the key killer of a tracked machine.... I can only get 4-500 hours on my Cat machine. I use it primarily in stone too. Your lucky its only your head... gramma usually bite's the other end.
There is not set life that I have seen with bobcat undercarriage. It is normally one front or rear idler at time. Center roller replacement is pretty low.