Working on a 1840 with no lift or bucket movement. It runs and steers fine and if you mess around long enough the hydraulic lines will warm-up. We have not put a pressure gauge on it yet. Is there adjustments or safety controls on this model?
If the levers are operating normally & nothing on the loader is moving - Chances are the equipment pump will have a stripped drive spline & coupling. It is located under the radiator. Definitley the first place to look
I second what alrman said. 1840's are know for eating that coupling. http://www.loaderpartssource.com/ca...coupler-for-case-1840-and-1845c-131693a1.html
Interesting feed to be reading. This past summer, my 1840 slowly started to "loose" loader function with the lift handle. Not all of a sudden. It progressively got worse. I recall moving round bales and the only way I could get a bale off the ground was to go straight in with the forks then tilt to lift. Finally, it messed up and the travel started to not function properly. I know a guy that has worked on 1840's some and he adjusted the linkages and things worked "better". The travel was pretty much back the way it is supposed to be other than it would back up in "idle" or neutral mode. Stayed like this till a month ago when I picked a bale from a stack and was heavier than I thought - bale went to the ground and rear wheels in air. Released the loader arm and back on wheels again. At this point, All loader controls have went to hell. There has been no physical damage to anything but loss of lift/tilt controls as well as forward backwards is messed up. I am somewhat mechanical inclined, but I really am not sure where to start. Any ideas?
Relief valve? Find it, take it out, examine for debris or broken stuff, put it back in and try it again.
I have a similar issue as DMORK. My case 1840 goes in reverse at idol. Any help with this????
Did you ever figure out the reverse at idol issue my 1840 is doing the same thing.
how can i post a problem that i have with mine skid steer loader please?
Michalis, If you are seeing this here is one way to post a new thread for your questions. I'm sure there are different ones but this should get you to the place you want. First go to the top of the page you are reading this and find this: Click on that thingy in the red circle. It should take you to this: Now scroll up or down till you find a suitable topic, say "Skid Steers" and click on that. Now you should go to a page that has this near the top: See that blue box that says "Post New Thread"? Just click on that and you should be good to go from there. A couple suggestions! In the thread header try to be brief but say enough so someone can have an idea of the problem. Like: "Have an 1840 Case that only turns left". Then in the body of the first post give important information such as S/N, When problem first happened, how long you have been using the machine, and any work that has been done, like new oil, changed filter, left it parked in ten feet of water for a week any strange noise it made before problem started. The more details and honest information you give the better your replies will be, and no we won't tell your wife you screwed it up!