I run a CAT 259D and work alone in pretty bad terrain. Losing a rubber track in the field would be a bummer. But I don't want to spend the money too soon.. (Can I get an Amen on that?). So, I want to get good at checking my belt condition. Chunks of tread are missing and cracks plenty. But no real tears. (Tears lead to tears.) Tread remaining is hard to figure but all track teeth are in good condition Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Richard
Cat parts/service rep could give a first hand estimate of remaining life. Best option.
I would say run em until they break. A good indication that they are about done is when the cleats start pulling out of the track, once one goes they all start to pull out and when three or more go next to each other the sprocket won't grab. Once the cleats start going you better order up a set pretty quick.
Tags said what I was going to say. Once one "T-bone" starts pulling out of the track order a set and run till it breaks, it won't be long.