Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

When your OLD, HOT, TIRED, and SORE……..you can make a STUPID decision.

Vetech63 · 2020-08-20 17:51

You CANT fit 8 lbs of S#$% in a 5 Lbs bag!!!!!

Replies43
  1. #1Mark2502020-08-20 17:55

    no comment

  2. #2Willie B2020-08-20 18:07

    You OK? Did you forget to take your pills? Your trailer was built for a lawn mower.

  3. #3Vetech632020-08-20 18:25

    It made perfect sense at the time I made the decision. What just pisses me off even more is the fact that my son in law with 5 years of experience specifically said” No way that trailer is going to haul that!” Who is he to say with 5 years.....are you kidding me!? Now he is gloating that he was right. I told him this was his only shining moment......this one small moment in time....that he was smarter than me.

  4. #4Bls repair2020-08-20 18:37

    Don’t you just hate when they say I told you so .

  5. #5Truck Shop2020-08-20 19:08

    It's a moment in time only but also a moment that will never go away and he will make damn sure you don't find out about his fantastic feats. Now about that 8 lbs of **** in a five pound bag, is that wet/moist or dry? If it's a Hefty sack it will stretch.

  6. #6Willie B2020-08-20 19:18

    OK. You've won my sympathy. A son in law, I've never had one. I have about ten sons, two are biological, I suspect others aren't even Earth born. At least eight are respectful. One in particular, first born, savors the opportunity to say "I told you so!" If you need help with the trailer........or killing the son in law........ Truth is, a family I am close enough, they are almost my family, haul all the time. They can't say what they are hauling weighs. They have numerous trailers, heaviest are a 35 ton Talbert & a 50 ton Talbert. They know the biggest excavator goes on the big trailer. I asked what the Case 9040B weighs? "I don't know.....20 tons?" It weighs 26 tons.

  7. #7crane operator2020-08-20 22:28

    Oh you're fine. Unload trailer, Flip trailer. Strategically place blocks under trailer, press straight with excavator or suitably large equipment. Reflip trailer. Remove mirrors from tow vehicle so you don't have to watch twisted trailer in mirrors all the time. Out of sight- out of mind.

  8. #8Birken Vogt2020-08-20 23:33

    It appears to me that if you had put the load more over the axles and not out on the front it may have worked out fine.

  9. #9suladas2020-08-20 23:45

    Surprising how little tire is squished, assuming 3,500lb axle? Really would think axle would give out long before frame, unless frame is really under built compared to axle.

  10. #10Welder Dave2020-08-20 23:56

    I agree or stretched the tracks out over the total length of the trailer. Looks like the trailer frame is only 4" and the bend started where the lower arms for the hitch end. I've seen trailers that have extra reinforcement after the hitch arms all the way back to the fenders. My trailer is a little different. The hitch arms come straight off the front of the trailer and has reinforcing tubes underneath. Can probably be straightened and reinforced.

  11. #11_Weldman_2020-08-21 00:42

    Might of had better luck with this one, I built it

  12. #12southernman132020-08-21 01:43

    His is at least a tandem axle. Yours is much lighter weight capacity than his. Those pads and rails looks like a 200 class excavator. They’re heavy.

  13. #13Junkyard2020-08-21 06:59

    That’ll buff out ;-) Drag it up here, I bet we can get it back fairly close with a little cutting and welding followed by some strategic reinforcement.

  14. #14RTSmith2020-08-21 10:03

    Well, that time that he married YOUR daughter. He was probably being pretty smart that day too!

  15. #15dozr2020-08-21 10:53

    it only hurts when there is purth that it happen think we all been there at some point.

  16. #16Vetech632020-08-21 14:14

    Gimme a figure to fix my friend. I'll have that trailer up there in 2 shakes of a lambs tail. Have me one of them reclining lawn chairs with an umbrella drink ready.

  17. #17Vetech632020-08-21 14:14

    He just seen the gravy train LOL

  18. #18CM19952020-08-21 19:50

    So what was sitting behind the tracks closer to the center of the axles that made you put the track links up on the tongue?

  19. #19DMiller2020-08-21 20:05

    I resemble that remark vetech:

  20. #20Willie B2020-08-21 20:07

    I have a good friend hauls 12000 LBS of tractor on a 4000 LB trailer behind a 1/2 ton pickup. He runs forward as far as he can. When the hitch on the pickup is on the ground, he thinks it's just right. He thinks a load equalizing hitch puts too much weight on the truck. Some things I can't fix.

  21. #21DMiller2020-08-21 20:09

    When I hauled the old ones to the barn Wanna buy a GOOD Trailer?

  22. #22Willie B2020-08-21 20:11

    I once hauled a 28' long basswood log in a Power Wagon 20+ feet stuck behind the truck. It was almost like power steering, but only actually steered when the front wheels touched the ground.

  23. #23skata2020-08-21 20:17

    Put the tracks on the back to straighten her out

  24. #24digger242j2020-08-21 20:44

    Looks to me that if you tighten that first strap up enough, it'll pull that sag back up....

  25. #25Welder Dave2020-08-21 21:00

    See how after the hitch extension there is additional reinforcement to the fenders.

  26. #26Theweldor2020-08-21 21:14

    Everyone is allowed one mistake a day!!!

  27. #27Vetech632020-08-21 21:16

    Nota dam thing. That’s why this was a total brain malfunction

  28. #28old-iron-habit2020-08-21 21:57

    Take Junkyard up on that offer. Easy fix. If Jeff fixes like I do, it will never bend again, BUT it may be so heavy that it will take another 5 MPG off your normal tow mileage just to pull it empty.

  29. #29Steve Frazier2020-08-21 21:59

    If it fits, it ships!!

  30. #30Reuben Frazier2020-08-22 01:55

    That left a little mark LOL We all have brain farts from time to time so it’s a win with no injuries involved. Mine always seem to require a trip to the ER for some reason

  31. #31Welder Dave2020-08-22 02:02

    That's what happens when you try to hold them in.

  32. #3256wrench2020-08-22 11:19

    well, i can't criticize. the older i get, the more i damage. i have become my father . its mostly due to impatience

  33. #33Tags2020-08-23 22:24

    Looks like it fit just fine....you just couldn't carry it! You could fix that **** in a weekend!!

  34. #34suladas2020-08-23 23:23

    Never noticed before it was a tandem. I call faulty trailer! Really there is no way that thing is actually overloaded, the load is definitely too far forward but who hasn't done that on a trailer before?

  35. #35Welder Dave2020-08-24 01:55

    Would need to know the weight of the undercarriage and the weight the trailer is designed for. If the trailer is rated for 7000lbs. but all the weight is forward, the beding could be due to just bad load placement. The trailer looks light though and the bend is right where the hitch beams end.

  36. #36RTSmith2020-08-24 11:46

    I wasn't wise enough to appreciate it at the time, but the Old Timer who shared with me- "You can marry more money in 5 minutes than you can earn in 5 lifetimes." seems to get wiser every year.

  37. #37DMiller2020-08-24 14:09

    Only thing about that is tolerating the High Maintenance Woman for the Money.

  38. #38Junkyard2022-01-14 20:59

    It’s fixed now

  39. #39dieseldog5.92022-01-15 08:20

    Even a Blind Squirrel can find a nut once in a while.

  40. #40JD955SC2022-01-15 09:15

    Had somebody bring in a dressed 3116 the other day for exchange on a single axle lawnmower trailer that trailer sighed some relief when I picked up the engine with the crane.

  41. #41crane operator2022-01-15 10:08

    Look at you go. Slap that sucker on Craigslist for $4,000.

  42. #42skyking12022-01-15 11:04

    My obligatory tracks on trailer picture. Apologies for it being entirely adequate to the task

  43. #43DMiller2022-01-15 13:58

    Ah hell, Sell it back to Vetech, then he can bend it up again!!