Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where are newer JD backhoes made.

special tool · 2010-01-09 10:36

Please only answer if you know for sure. I want to know if JD actually builds these before I consider buying one. Thanks.

Replies9
  1. #1DGODGR2010-01-09 13:19

    Obvoiusly you want an accurate answer. Can you be more specific in your question? Do you want to know if they are US made or are you trying to find out what city in the US?

  2. #2Burnout2010-01-09 13:29

    Yes JD builds their own backhoes, they are made in Dubuque Iowa at the Dubuque works factory.

  3. #3special tool2010-01-09 13:49

    Yes, city, factory....I even want the phone number of the guy who put the rod bearings in. Kinda not kidding, either. Burnout - thank you.

  4. #4Burnout2010-01-09 13:57

    I don't know about the guy who put the rod bearings in, but I know the guy who assembled the radio. His name is Dave. Engines are built in Waterloo Works as far as I can remember. Cylinders are built at the Cylinder Division in Moline. If your interested in more info contact the Deere dealer about the Gold Key program. When my old man bought his second 310SE he got a tour of the factory as they assembled the machine.

  5. #5Iceflyer2010-01-09 19:48

    We´ll nice to know something is still built in USA I´m from Europe and there is still people here who insist on reliable machines built in US or Europe. In my opinion the phrase "built with pride in the USA" is a sign of quality! To bad many americans don´t seem to agree

  6. #6pigpen602010-01-14 01:11

    attempted hijacking? pigpen

  7. #7Arabhacks2010-01-14 08:26

    Usa. Hello. I find it amazing that a lot of people do not like American products. America is where the equipment is used at, but here in the US there is a change underfoot to replace all Americans with Mexicans. :usa Actually, we were here to begin with, the treaty of Hidalgo brought the US to us. But whatever the case, I shop for American products if I can, second choice is made in Mexico, dead last is made in some Arab country. Whatever the case, I want to sit on American Iron!

  8. #8mudober2010-02-06 10:57

    I have an 08 310 j that i have put 1800 hrs on. Got it brand new. The front bucket has a sticker that says it is made in Mexico. If I remember the rear bucket is made there too. The rest I guess is made in IL. Very good machine.

  9. #9BigfootBushy2010-02-09 07:34

    There are a couple of 315SG machines in my local area that are made in South Africa.