Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where are the Euclids?

oldseabee ยท 2010-11-08 15:26

I haven't seen any posts about Euclid trucks, just curious, are there no problems or have they all been scrapped?

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies20
  1. #1wnydirtguy2010-11-08 20:11

    I know there are some still around my area. when I get home I will see if I can get some pics.

  2. #2EGS2010-11-09 18:03

    The company I work for had three Ucks. They got cut up for scrap last spring. One had a burned out tranny and another had a broken frame. I was hoping they make one out of the two. It would have made a great penalty box.

  3. #3stinkycat2010-11-09 19:45

    Euclid trucks Some where on this thread there are pictures of a LL Euclid a twin engine, one engine for each axle.

  4. #4stinkycat2010-11-09 19:49

    I emailed the company who's logo was on the door they didn't reply. I think the truck may have come from the old ASACO mine at Silver bell AZ

  5. #5norite2010-11-10 09:42

    GM bought them out years ago and made the trucks and equipment under the TEREX name. I think TEREX was bought out by another co. since, can't remember which, I am sure it has been discussed here somewhere, run a search here on Euclid or TEREX

  6. #6oldseabee2010-11-10 10:59

    Clark bought Euclid and Lima Crane back in late 70's or early 80's, then got tied up with Volvo to create VME (Volvo Michigan Euclid), Lima was shut down. Euclid was based in Clevland and had factory in Ontario, Canada. As far as I know it is still part of Volvo Construction Machinery, but may have been sold off since I left VME. Clark went to Ingersol Rand except for Michigan which stayed with Volvo and Transmission Div which went to Hurth.

  7. #7alco2010-11-10 13:27

    Just a little clarification. GM had been forced to sell Euclid due to an anti trust lawsuit from the US government. They sold Euclid to the White Motor Corporation and this ended GM's ownership of Euclid. When the moratorium after the sale was up, GM started Terex to compete against Euclid, ironically using many of the designs they still had for Euclid machines. As time passed, Euclid was passed around. As mentioned above, they were owned by VME, then split between them and Hitachi, and are now fully owned by Hitachi. Terex is a whole other story.

  8. #8Trakwork2010-11-10 18:39

    Here is a Euclid history..... http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Euclid Note that Euclid only built haul rigs until GM bought the company in 1954. Most Euclid engineering was done after GM, loaders , dozers etc..... Euclid never had the cash.

  9. #9LonestarCobra2010-11-10 18:48

    There are still a dozen or so running in my neck of the woods. We replaced the old 2 stroke Detroits in the B-70 belly dumps to the 60 series a few years back. It was a big improvement. We always joke that the guy pointing at the sky on their emblem meant "take it to the shop".

  10. #10WabcoMan2010-11-11 16:13

    Euclid Ownership Hitachi Construction Machinery currently own the Euclid name and have several haul trucks on the market.

  11. #11malcolm2010-11-13 16:16

    euclid truck pic in retirement

  12. #12jared2010-11-13 16:31

    We still operate a '64 R30, it has been re-powered with a 12V71N. Currently it's the workshop getting a full rebuild, maybe even brakes and the cab lined We're trying to find another one to pair up with it.

  13. #13stretch2010-11-15 18:26

    The Zagray Farm Museum in Colchester, CT runs an old one. I know Lane Construction had some up in Maine they were selling a while back, But I guess they got sold as they aren't listed for sale online anymore. Tilcon's got a few running around their quarries here.

  14. #14Wrench_one2011-01-09 17:03

    Like this !!!

  15. #15wnydirtguy2011-01-15 16:25

    here are afew pics of some truck one of the local company's still run. I forgot they had them until I saw them. View attachment 73590

  16. #16lpnt652011-02-05 00:30

    VME had purchased Euclid then on sold it to Hitachi who have now on sold it I think it was Bel ukk but i stand to be corrected as i notice it on a net site while flicking thru

  17. #17SVTSHELBYGT5002011-02-05 10:34

    a stone quarry i worked for in the 70s had some standard shift ones we called ponys 20 or 25 toners.they also had 25, 35, & 50 toners torq drives. good trucks !

  18. #18loggah2011-02-06 13:51

    When i was up in Anchorage Alaska last summer the were repowering some Euclid belly dump tractors at NC machinery with cat engines and transmissions. they were really doing a nice job, i cant remember the specific engine they were putting in. I got a buddy that works there and we took a peek. Don

  19. #19Koehringman2011-02-20 14:00

    Zagray Euclid This one is around late 1940's Don't know the modhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF9HzghXuQgel.

  20. #20Koehringman2011-02-20 14:02

    Take Two... [video=youtube;HF9HzghXuQg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF9HzghXuQg[/video]