Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

where do i start?? (want to become a equipment operator)

new-dozer ยท 2015-04-20 10:01

I am 36 year old with 14 years of truck driver experience.....should I just take a course with AIS or just keep searching for someone who will hire a rookie. Any thoughts??

Replies2
  1. #1old-iron-habit2015-04-20 10:39

    Go to the search function and check past posts on same subject. Lots of them there.

  2. #2Post Oak2015-04-21 07:34

    I was raised on a farm and my cousins owned dozers. I learned to drive a dozer then, but that is different from "operating" the machine. I moved away from home so I couldn't play anymore but I was friends with a guy who had equipment. I volunteered to help any time he needed, holding a story pole, or maybe a shovel, without pay, annoying him sometimes by asking too many questions. Of course this took years. I know that plan is not for everyone.