Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Shell Transmission fluids for D6 dozers

BwanaTony ยท 2015-04-20 10:37

Good day all, newbie here. I am doing a road project in South Sudan, temperature ranges of 20-43 degrees Celsius, I would like to know which Shell product would suit the following two dozer transmissions? D6? ............serial number *9BM00817* D6R ............PIN: *CAT00D6RVAAX01103* Plant manager here reckons 15W40 (multigrade engine oil) I beg to differ, the D6R (*CAT00D6RVAAX01103*) is in the yard now with weak reverse and has been running on the engine oil before I arrived!! I am Project Manager on site, so not really a mechanic, however i am not adverse to swinging a spanner! I will surely be posting for more assistance over the coming weeks! Thanks Rgds Tony

Replies4
  1. #1hargrove2015-04-20 12:34

    We use Shell Spirax S4 CX30 in Arkansas USA

  2. #2BwanaTony2015-04-21 08:04

    Thanks Hargrove, do you by any chance know a site that cross references hydraulics, lubes........etc across all the different brands, reason I am asking is I am in the middle of bum...ck nowhere and I have been delivered ENI OSO46 see link ( http://webserver.flak.no/vbilder/02603_2.pdf ) according to your knowledge would this work or should I put in an order for the "S4 CX30" ??? and wait a couple of weeks?

  3. #3hargrove2015-04-22 10:42

    Cat calls for a TO4 30wt. in the trans. Not sure about your oil but looks like a hydrostat oil .It doesn't the powershift add pak that the TO4 does and I don't know of a website.In the middle of no where sometimes you just have to work with what you have. Hope this is of some help. Dean

  4. #4watglen2015-04-23 22:46

    I also use the s4 Cx30. Google Shell Lubematch. Ken