have a D6D and need to freshen some stuff, notably lift cylinder rods, hyd pump, trans cooler and the scavenge pump while I am underneath. Lot of places sell aftermarket parts but I was wondering who gets along the best with where? thanks for any help.
I've had ok luck with Costex Tractor parts. www.costex.com
Don't forget you can get reasonably priced reman and classic parts from your Cat dealer. These will all have a warranty and are all still readily available. The dealer will also have a used parts guy who can get you parts if you cant get them anywhere else.
Yep still buy alot of new genuine cat and classic cat parts from dealer for my 2 D6Ds. But have also got costex parts too and found them very good. And Ghinassi parts on my D4E, again no problems. Resealed a lift ram on a 6 last year and just ordered the genuine seals, price was ok. And i pay 25% more than you guys due to my pacific peso exchange rate too !
I have used some classic, some genuine cat, some no name before, just wondering what works for others. thanks.
China
I know parts from china are much (a lot) cheaper, but when (if) they don't last now what do I do? double down and get another from the same place and hope it is better? I am all for competition but I want to be able to run this thing for a long time without going back where I have already worked before. I also realize there are a lot of these older tractors still running in mainland china so they probably have figured out how to make parts that will at least work, just how long is my big question. Thanks for you help.
Quick- Trax....ASK for Brad....he can hook you up on any aftermarket Cat parts......
thanks
I am a distributor for Vancouver Track Parts and I'm sure I can find you what you need ata reasonable price. Email me if you need help. [email protected]
thanks to all, I have found enough parts vendors to keep me going a long time!