Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

where is the grease going?

tnc110 ยท 2012-11-18 19:31

I just bought a 2004 volvo 160b lc. Trying to fix a few things here and there... I was greasing it today and noticed a problem with the bucket to stick pin. I laid the grease to it and couldnt see any grease coming out around the pin. Where is all the grease going. Maybe a broken bushing??? broken line from grease fitting to pin/bushing????

Replies6
  1. #1Bob/Ont2012-11-18 19:44

    Some sticks have a large cavity between the bushings that must be filled full everytime the bucket is changed. Keep on pumping. Later Bob

  2. #2Lee-online2012-11-18 19:47

    There is a big void in there and it take a couple of grease tubes to fill it. If the bucked was changed then most of the grease will come out with the pin.

  3. #3tnc1102012-11-18 19:47

    will do, but I already put 3/4-1 tube in

  4. #4tnc1102012-11-18 19:49

    so there isnt a tube that goes to the pin...it just fills up the whole tip of the stick???

  5. #5ben46a2012-11-19 18:51

    That's correct.

  6. #6MrKomatsu2012-11-24 11:39

    sounds like the grease worms were hungray...lol.. got to keep the grease in there....just sayin