Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where is the most likely place for engine oil to be leaking under filter on TL140?

69zfarmer · 2020-02-06 08:14

I just developed a oil leak coming from my Isuzu engine. I lifted cab up and got a mirror and tried to look and it is coming from under oil filter. I gotta get under it and see if I can locate it. Anybody got a guess where it may be coming from? lol!

Replies10
  1. #1Vetech632020-02-06 09:27

    If we are going to guess, I say its an oil pan gasket. Could be the filter seal itself. What is the prize for the winner?

  2. #2tractormech2020-02-06 11:34

    Are you sure it's not running down the back side of the filter? Put a new filter on it first and try it-sometimes they just start leaking around the seal on the filter. I just had to do this on a New Holland 185B a little while back. It wasn't a bit loose,it just started leaking.

  3. #3tractormech2020-02-06 11:36

    Also-if you have a drain hose for the oil pan check and be sure it's not leaking at the fitting going in the pan. It may be a boss O ring style and it's leaking.

  4. #469zfarmer2020-02-06 17:43

    Thanks i know this was a stupid question. I just thought someone here may have had the same leak on the same SS. The leak is coming somewhere right under the oil filter/oil cooler housing. It may be the oil pressure switch. I will pull the skid pan under the machine and maybe i can see it then.

  5. #569zfarmer2020-02-06 17:49

    Here's the location. But i cant get to it easy.

  6. #6Bls repair2020-02-06 17:58

    I’d check around the filter mount it looks like some one was messing with the bolts .looks like it may be broken by bottom bolt?

  7. #7heymccall2020-02-07 00:14

    O-ring to block (272) plus square cut seal under cooler (63).

  8. #869zfarmer2020-02-07 07:23

    Wow! That would be a bear to get to. Would you have to do it from underneth?

  9. #9tractormech2020-02-07 20:15

    It doesn't really look that bad to access to me. Get some degreaser and a pressure washer if you have it and clean it up and take the filter housing off and replace the o rings and put it back on-it might be a quick fix.

  10. #1069zfarmer2020-02-09 13:08

    heymccall may be the winner. I pulled the oil filter body and the oring was still all there but it is flat and brittle. I am gonna order the 2 oil rings tommorow and hope and pray it fixes it.