Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What do you use to drive tracked SS up on to get access underneath?

69zfarmer · 2020-02-06 08:08

I have a TL140 which is close to 9000 lbs. I have a engine oil leak under the filter somewhere. I need to raise the beast up to crawl under and find leak. What is the best way to raise front and rear up to be level?

Replies8
  1. #1repowerguy2020-02-06 09:09

    Hit up a sawmill and buy a couple 9x7 oak crossties, most tie cutters have seconds that the railroad really don’t want.

  2. #2Tags2020-02-06 09:28

    I usually use pressure-treated six by sixes, 1 under each track about 7 to 8 feet long, seems to work really well. I usually will stack a few pieces of scrap wood in front of the 6 x 6 to help the track machine get on top of them. Repower guys idea is a good one too, if you get pieces that are dedicated for running the machine up on just cut a 45° or more on the end of them so it makes it easy to get up and down. I usually run mine up on the six by sixes, take all the bottom panels out, clean out as much mud, dirt, twigs and leaves as i can, service it, then scoot it outside for a pressure washing, then back in to put panels back on.

  3. #3Vetech632020-02-06 09:34

    Railroad ties here.

  4. #4Joel592020-02-06 09:40

    4 post car lift for me.

  5. #5Vetech632020-02-06 09:41

    Us poor guys envy you LOL

  6. #6Joel592020-02-06 09:43

    Lol. Definitely not rich here! It sound funny, but sometimes I seem to overlook the simplest solution to a problem. I was debating how tough it was going to be to remove the oil pan out from under the skid steer. Then I thought of the car lift! Boy did that save some work!

  7. #7Vetech632020-02-06 09:48

    It happens, even to us pros. I like to believe its the nature of the business.

  8. #8Mother Deuce2020-02-06 10:24

    For that one, my phone. As in, "it's leaking out the bottom." I try to be a sport and deal with as much as I can for our shop guy's. However...