Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where is the vin number plate on my 2007 Kenworth T800

PeterG ยท 2026-02-20 11:41

Hey guys, trying to find the vin number rivet plate on my dump truck. It's a 2007 Kenworth T800 dump truck. Vin number1NKDXUOX77J185524 I don't see it around the doors and all stickers can't be read. Also don't see it through the window on the dash like a pick up truck. Any help for that particular year would be a big help, especially with an image diagram. I've looked all over. Need this as I'm in the middle of trying to sell the truck. Thanks!

Replies11
  1. #1mekanik2026-02-20 12:25

    Kenworth used to stamp the VIN in the top of the frame rail just ahead of the firewall. Usually on the left side.

  2. #2crane operator2026-02-20 12:41

    You may have to wire brush the paint to read the number

  3. #3Truck Shop2026-02-20 14:12

    PacCar normally both rails in engine compartment area.

  4. #4PeterG2026-02-20 15:05

    Thanks guys! I will look for it later today and let you know.

  5. #5PeterG2026-02-20 17:14

    Found this on the side of the door with the last vin digits. Same on frame No riveted tag with all numbers that I could find yet.

  6. #6John C.2026-02-20 22:01

    When appraising them, I get the registration out or the glove box or there used to be grab bag in the middle of the cab between the seats.

  7. #7Coaldust2026-02-20 22:40

    Sticker on the door jam, which is apparently missing. Only other full vin sequence is the one on the frame rail. Which is probably inaccessible at first glance.

  8. #8Truck Shop2026-02-20 22:52

    Top of frame rail on right side under turbo, and not always complete vin. Left frame rail back by front cab mount. Normally door jam stickers are only complete Vin. Interior parts and pieces have last six on back sides, like headliner, door panels. But both rails are stamped for the fact one rail could be replaced some where along the line. Rails that broke normally broke at rear spring hanger on steer axle left side, the number usually had the crack running right through it, so it got welded over and ground down with insert on inside. That's part of the reason for placing vin on right side near turbo. * Heck even the company tow truck a 1994 with front frame horn steer box has a insert on left side and a weld running through part of vin, can get a photo if needed.

  9. #9Truck Shop2026-02-20 23:02
  10. #10PeterG2026-02-21 11:53

    This was the only frame one I found with the last digits. Thanks again! I think it meets the needs of the buyers finance company.

  11. #11mekanik2026-02-21 13:05

    If you contact a dealer they might be able to get new door frame placards for it going off the last six numbers.