Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where to buy pins and bushings?

Nick Powell ยท 2025-02-28 23:48

I just brought home a 50D. This is the first excavator I've owned. Where is a good source for pins and bushings? I need to tighten it up. lots of slop in the boom and king post. Plenty of play at every other joint too.

Replies3
  1. #1materthegreater2025-03-01 06:28

    If you have any lug wear or looseness, I'd recommend Nord-Lock Expander pins. You'll never have any movement or wear in the lugs with these. Pivot pin design for any requirements | Expander System Our pivot pin design is adaptable for any obstacle, lubrication and application needs. We can meet any requirements. www.nord-lock.com No, I'm not affiliated with them in any way, I just have used some of their expander pins on my excavator and have been happy with the results. You will want to install new bushings at the same time.

  2. #2Nick Powell2025-03-01 22:41

    That looks like a great idea. They don't list the 50D in their catalog, but I sent them a message asking about it.

  3. #3Welder Dave2025-03-02 00:24

    It all depends on how your existing bushings are worn. The expander pins are good but also pricey if you don't really need them.