Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where to get engine control units rebuilt

mattyt1984 ยท 2022-01-14 20:44

Does anyone know if anyone that rebuild ecu's. The one below is not allowing injector to fire I believe it to be bad ecu. Can it be rebuilt being that its covered in epoxy?

Replies3
  1. #1stinky642022-01-15 10:29

    There are many sites that will just swap the old unit, many don't even require the old core...But before you do that I would inspect/repair the wires in that left side harness..Probe points? Maybe a little less aggressive next time..

  2. #2Steve Frazier2022-01-15 16:19

    Believe it or not, I bought one off eBay for my 7.3 PowerStroke, it was a little over $200 if I remember right and I never had any trouble with it. It was a refurbished control module and it looked a lot like yours with salt damage. Not sure if they will have your needs but it's worth a shot. Looks like your harness needs some help too. I see problems with the insulation on a few wires on the left connector. They will be trouble unless repaired/replaced.

  3. #3cuttin edge2022-01-16 15:56

    Maybe it's like the old moduals on the Fords where you could pour boiling water over it and it would start working again