Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where to get replacement wheels?

s1120 ยท 2010-06-29 09:36

I went to put new front tires on my old 580CK, and one front wheel is all rotted out. I found a lot of 16" wheels, but all are 6 lug, not the 8 lug like this has. Any good places to get wheels for these for not a ton of cash?

Replies4
  1. #1jrtraderny2010-06-29 12:31

    Try these guys. http://www.wengers.com/ jr

  2. #2Mikefromcny2010-06-30 01:26

    The guy I bought my 555 from had the same problem, except it was the rear rim. He said Ford wanted like $600-700 for one. He went to a local supplier and bought just the rim for $150, carefully cut the old center out and welded it in the new one. Did a nice job and is holding up fine. If your handy this would be a cheap way out. -mike

  3. #3s11202010-06-30 05:47

    Ya, Ive tossed that around... I got a few irons in the fire out there, so we will see what comes up. If not, I think thats the best way. I can get 6 lug 16" wheels for about 50-60 bucks anywere.

  4. #4oldhousehugger2010-08-05 17:09

    Southwest Wheel here in Dallas sold me a new 8 bolt 16" rim for $75.