I've grown up in bc all my life and have always wanted to get into the forestry sector. I would really like to learn about road building specifically. Get in with a company where I won't just be operating but learning the processes and steps involved as well. I'm currently running an excavator for a local land clearing and fill site contractor. And am comfortable on the dozer as well. I currently reside in the lower mainland but would absolutely be willing to relocate, especially for a camp job. I don't drink or do drugs of any kind. And have a long list of references. Everytime Ive called a local logging outfit I've just gotten the fax me a resume speech. I'm eager to learn, responsible, smart and capable. What's my next step?
Did you try The Duke? (Lemare Lake) They are always looking for new blood.
You're mean.
Aww, c'mon! It seems 97% of guys in the industry worked there at least once, so it's a great way to fit in! :tong
Simon, You're gonna need to move away from the coast if you want to get into logging.The interior and kootenays are where its at for green guys.The island and the coast are saturated with experienced guys. You'd prolly be best served in starting out running a skidder and then forwarder,move onto processors and then bunchers.Roadbuilding and grading is mostly left to the really experienced guys(cant have messed up roads interfering with the trucks). You should look into that camp work I pm'd you about.
I'vs wasted way too many a lunchhour listening to guys bitch about Lemare....
Nothing wrong with Lemare...If your good at what you do and do a good job they treat you well