Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Which 10-year-old CTLs have pressurized cabs?

dagnabbit ยท 2021-01-07 19:54

I'm looking for a used CTL with a pressurized cab. Several newer models have this. Does anyone know of older models that do? I have 14 acres of land clearing/brush cutting, but I'm wildly allergic to many of the plants, which is the reason for the pressurized cab. I currently maintain the property with a Kubota L4330, which has a really nice factory cab, but there are still plenty of nooks and crannies for all of the pollen to enter.

Replies6
  1. #1Mark132021-01-08 21:55

    I think you'd have a tough time finding a skid steer with a pressurized cab that old.

  2. #2BrianGrenier2021-01-08 22:04

    Wouldn't it be easy to make a HEPA filtered, pressure fan plumbed into the cab?

  3. #3XSKIER2021-01-08 23:18

    The CAT 279C2 is pressurized and nicely filtered, as I've done a few hours mowing on mine. I started out with a Volvo L25H with a pressurized cab and a **** filter, it literally blew chaff right in my face, had to switch to recirculation mode.

  4. #4Welder Dave2021-01-09 00:16

    A little inconvenient but what about wearing a PAPR respirator hood.

  5. #5BrianGrenier2021-01-09 10:44

    Ya, good idea. I made one with an old c-pap machine and a 3M p-100 filter.

  6. #6ilovetracks2021-02-03 23:07

    I know why they have pressurized cabs, mowing and mulching, the smells of the debris can be less than desirable to me. Maybe rayco were pressurized back then?