Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Which brand bucket for demo?

mxsledder ยท 2015-10-19 23:35

It's looking like I'm buying a Volvo 480E for large demolition projects. I'm looking at 66" severe duty bucket. My dealer has sold the PSM but there very expensive! $28k. They also can get work brau or geith. What would you guys recommend?

Replies4
  1. #1catfixer2015-10-21 16:59

    not an operator, but a mechanic. I've seen a lot of customers use geith with good results. I would recommend hard facing the hell out of whatever bucket you get. Demo isn't easy on any buckets

  2. #2390eric2015-10-21 22:36

    I put about 6000 hours on a geith bucket hard digging loading trucks. At the end of its life when I was done ending up ripping a shank off and holes started wearing through it. I would recommend on think it made its money. It was also on a 480 kobelco.

  3. #3antpoo2015-11-25 06:43

    I do residential demo, my strongest work is on reinforced concrete pools. I purchased rake bucket from China and after 300 hours has only lost the paint. Cost me $2400 delivered from China. 1.5 cubic meters. Sometimes buying cheap and replacing is better than buying expensive.

  4. #4KevD8152015-11-26 10:25

    I'm a fan of Geith buckets. Had a 60" on an EC460 that we never had a problem with and a 48" on a EC290 that spends all of its time feeding a crusher. The guys wore the floor out of the 48" but the rest of the bucket was sound. I welded in a new 5/8" hardox floor with 1" wear bars and it is good to go. I think that for demo and rock work, buying a bucket is just like buying a drill bit. The quality ones are more expensive but last much longer.