Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Which dozers used the Cummins 743 or 855 or 4cvyl versions of same.

chevy43 ยท 2015-01-21 17:47

I'm interested in Dozers that used the old style Cummins industrial engines for power. I've seen a few but can't remember the makes.

Replies4
  1. #1Dickjr.2015-01-21 19:08

    Older Komatsu D68E not sure the rest , if I recall they use a naturally aspirated 855. Plenty of power. Those were some of the better Komatsu dozers.

  2. #2td25c2015-01-21 20:21

    Shantui SD 22 uses the old cummins 855 . Look close and you can see the old style after cooler intake manifold . http://en.shantui.com/products/bulldozers.htm http://en.shantui.com/products/sd22.htm

  3. #3Dickjr.2015-01-21 20:40

    Its not a dozer , but our local rock quarry , before it closed , had a Michigan loader with a V6 cummins. They never updated equipment , I think it had 2.5 million hrs on it before it went to auction. On a serious note the operator told me they put 55 gallons of hydraulic oil in it A DAY.

  4. #4John C.2015-01-21 21:53

    Komatsu D65 used the Cummins engines. I thought most of those were 743 but I've seen some that were retrofitted with 855 truck engines. They usually would shear the steering clutch bolts off of one side or the other when they caught traction trying to cut a bank.