Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Which is the best?

jasondunham70 ยท 2013-07-24 03:36

I've just read an information about dozers. Shantui was the largest producer of dozers and the second largest is the Caterpillar. I'm wondering which is the best? The Shantui or Caterpillar?

Replies4
  1. #1robin yates uk2013-07-24 04:32

    Caterpillar have been making construction plant since God was a little boy,,they are found all over the world.Strange I never heard of Shantui before,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

  2. #2lantraxco2013-07-24 11:22

    According to Wikipedia Shantui is in fact the largest producer of bulldozers by volume. Until today I had never heard of them either, but you can bet your bippy that CAT has and is worried.

  3. #3Tennmogger2013-07-25 14:15

    Quantity does not equate to quality in most cases. Bob

  4. #4JGS Parts2013-07-27 21:30

    Shantui is about 80% owned by komatsu now they are made in china and they are devloped for the devloping markets mainly they are cheap and use very old and basic designs from Komatsu. shantui also builds a lot of track gear and things for other major OEM's. but the same thing back in the days of the soviet union I heard that they used to build more then cat in the way of dozers but they where never really much good from what i heard selling a lot of something dose not mean its good. They mainly produce from a D4 size and up i think china and middle east and north africa is there main markets. they actually have some americans working for them in shandong.