Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

which is the best winter tracks for a 299 cat for plowing?

Hopuser ยท 2015-08-21 07:36

Looking for ideas for track replacement that work well in the snow?

Replies5
  1. #1Canadian_digger2015-08-21 20:12

    Just bought a set of CAT general duty tracks. They look like they will perform a lot better than the stock tracks that come on the machine.

  2. #2Rajbir Lorriet2015-08-21 22:13

    From where did you buy this one? And how much did you spent for this?

  3. #3Canadian_digger2015-08-22 07:55

    I bought them from our local rental house. I have a 279D. Cost was around $2200 Canadian each. But I got lucky they had buy one get one free deal. The promotion is on till aug 31.

  4. #4ironjunkie2015-08-22 19:45

    Have you checked into the screw in studs? They are about a buck each but that may be cheaper and work a whole lot better.

  5. #5DDoug2015-08-22 20:14

    Jeesh... it's august.... that 4 letter word will be here in 12 weeks or less. Yes, as a child I recall going trick-or-treating with a carhart over my costume and trudging thru snow on top of unraked leaves. (Slippery don't describe it) Honestly, around here, I hear the rubber tracked skid steers are not doing well in snowplowing, other than parking lots. They can't seem to penetrate in some conditions.