Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Which large skid steer

mxsledder ยท 2016-05-26 22:57

I'm looking at a new bobcat 850 or a cat 272D with the high horsepower package for my demolition business. I'm waiting for their best quotes but I have a feeling the bobcat is about $8000 cheaper with a year better warranty. Which machine is better of these two?

Replies7
  1. #1KSSS2016-05-27 00:41

    The 850 BC is a big machine and likely outspecs the CAT. I have yet to see an 850 in the wild. If your wanting to run high demand hydraulic attachments, I would go with the 272 CAT XHP. Set up very well for that application.

  2. #2mxsledder2016-05-27 02:28

    The 272 D XHP is a little over a thousand pounds lighter but has about 10 more horsepower. I think the cat is slightly getting the nod but will depend on the final price.

  3. #3wrc2016-05-27 10:12

    why not a cat 299? I've always wanted a days seat time in one of them. I've heard they will about out work a 943 and are only half the size

  4. #4mxsledder2016-05-27 12:35

    The cat 299 has tracks. For the type of demolition I do solid rubber tires would work best.

  5. #5ironjunkie2016-05-31 21:33

    Are you loading trucks? The BC pin is just about 12'.

  6. #6mxsledder2016-06-01 01:31

    Very little truck loading. Will be loading dumpsters occasionally.

  7. #7Rynoz2016-06-01 23:15

    Dont know if it's against policy but how much are they wanting for a new 272?