Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jerky bobcat 753

Markhsmith5811 ยท 2016-05-27 18:22

We have a 95 skid steer and can't figure out why it's so jerky on the right side. I have replaced bushings and adjusted the blocks that ride on the Pinter arms. It is creepin upon start up and if I use the stick for right side it has to almost bottom out before it moves then it jerks. It is too dangerous to drive need help.

Replies3
  1. #1CM19952016-05-27 18:31

    Welcome to the Forums Markhsmith!:drinkup If you have replaced the bushings in the linkage I would look at the adjustment of the linkage first. I'm no mechanic but we have many knowledgeable members here that know the inter-workings of Bobcat.

  2. #2Markhsmith58112016-05-27 18:48

    I have adjusted them and they seem fine. The bushings took the play out of the sticks but can't seem to stop the creeping or the scarey jerk when I try to move. Other thing I noticed is when I have both sticks going forward it does not go straight.

  3. #3willie592016-05-27 21:10

    Have you verified the pintle arms are clamped tightly to the square pump control shafts? That's the most common cause of this problem.